Empty Condenses

"Your parents were very good people."

That was all that Giyu Tomioka remembered of his dead parents.

Shuffling clothes, all a raven black shadow across their bodies. Rosaries clinked, a silent chorus to mourn the dead. Shadows crossed over the faces that towered high over him, swallowing him to mourn the parents he barely knew.

The funeral was over. Sun shone bright and merry, as if blessing the earth with it's light.

"Hey, Giyu!" a snowball streaked through the air, crumbling with a cool exhale onto Giyu's face.

"Hey, that's not fair! Haruto, you know you're not supposed to hit Giyu with snowballs! He's only three!" a girl stalked out, warm breath steaming in the frosty air.

Giyu awkwardly wiped his face with the sleeve of his blue kimono, blinking at Koharu, Haruto's older sister as she berated him for being too rough with Giyu.

The other children, with names that blurred and blended in Giyu's mind continued playing, laughing as cold balls hit their mark.

"Your parents were good people." a voice said behind him, smooth and soothing.

"Huh?" Giyu turned around, blinking innocently at a man that sat in the shade of a house, grey kimono draped over his body as he smiled at the little boy.

"Yes, I knew your parents well." the man's smile was kind as the little boy toddled to him, curiosity overwhelming his desire to play.

"What where they-" Giyu's awkward tongue tripped over itself as he puzzled out his question. "What were they like?"

"Your mother, let's see... She was a kind woman, strong in a sense that demons are. She had your hair and eye color, smile too. However, everyone suspected that you had your father in you."

"Huh? What does dat mean?"

The man simply smiled, watching as the younger's curiosity grow.

"You'll see. One day, you'll meet them again, Giyu."

___

Whew, I know that this chapter is short, and you guys hate me for having such bad writing skills. No, wait, I'm just fishing for compliments. Anyway, here's the first chapter. Constructive feedback only and please please please PLEASE comment.

Elenora, sobbing and crying, out!