The Blue Spider Lily

Hi! This chapter is from the demon's side, so we have some pretty bad tea here.

😭😭

Hope you enjoy!

__

Higanbana

That was the name of the spider lily plant. The plant that had evaded Muzan's grasp for far too long. The plant that had been the name of Muzan's dream.

Azaka disliked it when Master Muzan was upset. He was crueler and harsher to his servants, spitting on them like they were filth.

"That's alright! We'll find the blue spider lily eventually, right Azaka?" Doma smiled cheerfully.

"We cannot be so sure. It's hiding place is skillfully hidden from even all of our demonic abilities combined." Lord Kokushibo said, unmoving and stoic as always.

Azaka remembered that day very clearly, when Lord Muzan had torn off Gyokko's head in a prolonged fit of anger. 

"Useless. The entire ranks of the Kizuki are utterly useless. I could employ monkeys and they would do an excellent job in finding the lily better than you six." 

The words stung like acid, as invisible strikes threatened his life in strong blows.

"My lord, I have brought news that-"

"How dare you!" Lord Muzan shrieked, snatching Gyokko's head off, crushing his eyes with sharp nails. "Never convey the news that regards the lily such gleefully! You would be tortured slowly and burned by the sun if I don't require you."

"Y-yes, my lord." Gyokko said meekly as Lord Muzan dropped his head.

"Enough. Leave me."

Nasume strummed her biwa, almost obscuring Lord Muzan last words.

"Higanbana..."

Azaka decided that in the entirety of his life, demonic or not, he had never heard a voice of such despair.