CHAPTER 33

BEING a mother and father at the same time to my one and only angel is both an honor and a responsibility. If I were to be given the chance to go back in time and choose whether to have my son or not, I'd still choose to have him and carry him in my womb over and over again.

Being a parent wasn't easy. To me, it's very hard. Very, very hard, because at that time I was mentally unstable, I stopped taking a lot of medicines to keep my son safe from any harm carried by the ingredients of my meds, and such.

I've had sacrifices. Na hindi ko pinagsisihang gawin para sa anak--I'll still do it again for him if time permits.

I remember the old days was a battle as I wrestled against my own body, struggling to keep my son safe at all costs. The weight of responsibility felt like a heavy burden on my shoulders, threatening to crush me at any moment. Plus, my mind was a battleground, a warzone of doubts and fears, but I had to stay strong for the life growing within me.

Also the physical toll was just as brutal. Nausea, fatigue, and constant discomfort were my constant companions. Every kick and movement from my son was a painful reminder of the sacrifice I was making for him. I watched my body change and stretch beyond recognition, a constant reminder of the journey we were both on.

But through it all, there was a flicker of determination in my heart. Each kick, each hiccup, was a reminder that I was not alone in this struggle. I was fighting for someone else now, someone who depended on me for every breath and heartbeat.

So I pushed through the pain, the doubts, and the fear. I drew strength from the tiny life within me, knowing that every hardship was a stepping stone on the path to being a parent. And when I finally held my son in my arms for the first time, all the struggles and sacrifices faded away, replaced by an unexplainable emotions so powerful and pure that it made every hardship worth it.

Mabuti na lang talaga hindi ako kailanman iniwan ng pamilya ko sa oras na lubog na lubog ako. They never left my side until day one, when my child finally came out. Sila ang nag-alaga noong nagpapagaling ako, ang nakatatanda kong kapatid ang unang taong bumuhat--kumarga kay, Knick Liam, sa anak ko.

I can't explain how much I am grateful to them. My kuya, L.A., my mother... and my father for always teaching and giving me advice on how to become a good parent to my angel.

Hindi ko magagawa itong lahat kung hindi dahil sa kanila. In that time when life throws me a big bulge of rock, they are my shield that protects me from being damaged by it. Aalog man, pero hindi magigiba.

In moments where I feel so drained, they are, together with my baby, my charger, who gives me currents--strength to fight--and the reason why I am still alive up until this day.

Mahal na mahal ko sila...

...my angel, my life.

"Papá! I'm ready na po!"

My lips curled into a smile when my Knick Liam held my hand and pulled me alongside him towards the car. It's the day he waited and prepared for a week already.

Today is Sunday... and the day where the dance competition will happen. Ngayong araw gaganapin ang patimpalak pinakahihintay ng anak ko. The day when he can finally unleash his passion for dancing, a talent that I didn't know was going to exist in him.

Hindi ko talaga akalain na magkakaroon ng interes ang anak ko sa pag-sasayaw. I'm wondering... If he hadn't had a conversation with his father, Knight Andrius, would he still be interested in dancing? I doubt it. Walang sumasayaw sa pamilya namin. Pare-parehas mga kaliwa ang paa namin.