Chapter Three- Liam's Texts

~*Liam's POV*~

I felt my phone vibrate slightly in my pocket and immediately smiled like a fool when I saw it was a text from Edith.

* hey babe, my place after school? -E*

* sure thing baby ;) -L*

* I know what are you thinking and don't, I invited Zayn and Kayleen too -E*

* oh come on! Getting me all excited... -L*

* haha very funny -E*

* you know I'm just kidding baby, I'll be there -L*

At this point I looked up and saw as Cecy walked in saying bye to some girl, I think it might have been Neo. I was glad she found someone during lunch, honestly I think the only reason Kayleen didn't want her eating lunch with us was because she got jealous. It wasn't anything new, I've always thought Kayleen was sort of special but I didn't say anything for Zayn's sake. After all, we'd been best friends since middle school and I wasn't about to ruin it by badmouthing his girl. I motioned Cecy over while moving my backpack from the desk next to me.

"Hey, how was lunch? You didn't get lost on your way to the cafeteria did you?" I joked.

"No fortunately I found my way around just fine," she chuckled, "How were the fancy reservations?"

"Eh," I shrugged, "It was alright I guess." I felt my phone vibrate once again, this time it was a text from Zayn.

*dude tell your girl to chill*

Right after that I got another text, this one from Edith.

*Liam, I am going to kill him.-E*

I replied to Edith first and then Zayn.

*Don't worry baby, I got this-L*

*Zayn, whatever you did say sorry and stop before I let Edith kick your ass*

Zayn was the first one to answer but Edith's text immediately followed.

*Fine. But you always side with her. I'm starting to get the idea that you love her more*

*Thanks babe. Love you.-E*

I laughed at the texts. They were so childish but I was glad they got along. Even if Edith did threaten to kill Zayn once in a while.

"Sorry," I told Cecy, "Zayn was about to get his ass kicked by my girl unless I did something about it."

"It's fine," Cecy responded laughing.

We didn't do much but talk the whole period since it was the first day of school and Mr. Reedus was pretty cool. I was texting Zayn and Edith the whole time while trying to hold a conversation with Cecy. I told her how Edith and I had been going out since freshmen year and I learned that she actually didn't have a boyfriend. She also got to explain to me the reason why she moved. Turns out that her parents simply wanted a bigger house now that her mom was pregnant. She was easy to talk to and we could've kept talking longer but sixth period is the shortest class we have. At the end of class we said goodbye as she left for Performing Arts class and I headed to the gym.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~*Liam's POV*~

I ran out into the track and quickly caught up with Zayn. "Hey man, how many laps we got?" I asked him.

"Five....for now," Zayn answered.

Zayn was right, every time we were to run laps we started out with one number and ended up with more. Just as if on cue Coach Johnson yelled out to us from the sideline, "Come on you wimps! You're not leaving this track without giving me eight laps!" I rolled my eyes and just kept running.

"So did my girl beat your ass or were you smart enough to surrender?" I questioned.

"What do you take me for?!" Zayn began, "...of course I gave in. She would've killed me if I didn't."

I laughed imagining what Edith must have looked like. We stopped talking except for smalltalk until we finished the eight laps.

"Hey you said you had that new girl Cecy in your class right?" Zayn asked as we ended our final lap.

"Yup," I answered, "We got to talk the whole class time, you know how Reedus is the first day.

"Yeah...so what'd you guys talk about..."

"About why she came here, her family. You know, the usual."

"That's it?"

"Yeah that's it...why so interested?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh. No reason..." he shrugged, "Just curious."

Okay. Was it just me or was Zayn acting a little weird? He seemed a bit too interested in this girl. Maybe Kayleen was right to be jealous...