Chapter Nineteen- Edith's Date

Small A/N: This chapter is 1 month after the last chapter

~*Edith's POV*~ 

I walk up to the front steps of Liam's house and look at myself in the small pocket mirror I carry in my purse before I ring the doorbell. I'm not like all those girls who wear tiny skirts, skin tight dresses, or pounds of makeup on their face but that doesn't mean I don't care how I look in front of my boyfriend. Liam opens the door and flashes a smile before wrapping his hands around my waist and pulling me in for a kiss. "Right on time," he tells me as he takes my hand and walks me to the couch. We sit down and I see that he's already narrowed down our movie choices to three. "Let's see," I say as I pick up the boxes and read over the titles. Fast and Furious, Toy Story, and Crazy Stupid Love. "Hmm...what about this one?" I ask putting two of them down. He grins seeing I have Toy Story in my hand. "Perfect," he tells me as he gets up and pops it into the DVD player.

At that moment Liam's mom makes her way down the stairs wearing a beautiful black full length gown. It reaches her feet which are wearing matching black heels. I notice that the top of the dress along with the sleeves are lace with an intricate pattern. She truly did look beautiful just like my mom might have a while ago. My mom wasn't ugly, she was actually very good looking but in the past year she seemed to have slowly given up on things. "You look beautiful Mrs.Payne," I told her. "Thanks sweetie," she pulled me in for a hug and gave me a kiss on each cheek, "How are your parents?

"They're doing great actually, thanks for asking. My mom has been busy with her new job and dad has been helping her with stuff at home," I grinned. Lies. All lies. Dad was the reason mom had to get a job in the first place and hadn't helped one bit around the house. He'd gotten laid off about a year and a half ago and hadn't been able to find a job ever since. Then when mom finally got a job all he did was complain and whine that she wasn't around to hand him a beer anymore. Life at home had been getting harder and harder each day. Since mom was gone most of the day earning less than enough money to pay the bills I was the one having to pick up the slack at home. I was barely getting sleep and it had been taking a toll in school, even falling asleep in a few classes. If it wasn't for the fact that I was on the teachers' good side I would probably be having tons of detention by now. I couldn't blame my mom though, it wasn't her fault and she was doing the best she could. I wasn't going to tell Mrs. Payne the truth however, the last thing I wanted was to have Liam and his family pity me. 

"That's good," she smiled genuinely. Mr. Payne , who was wearing a black suit, then made his way down the stairs while attempting to fix his tie. "Honey could you?" he turned towards his wife while pointing to his tie. She fixed it and then looked at her watch. "Well we have to go now before we miss our dinner reservations," Mrs. Payne said as she and Mr. Payne made their way out the door. "Behave kiddos!" Mr. Payne yelled back as he closed the door.

 Liam walked over to the couch as I went into the kitchen to fix up some popcorn. "What do you wanna drink babe?" I asked him. "I put two Pepsi on the left door of the fridge, do you see them?" he asked. I looked and grabbed them taking them back with me after the popcorn was done. Finally everything was settled down and we were able to start the movie.

I always loved watching movies with Liam, I felt so comfortable and safe. It was as if by having his arms around me no one in the world could hurt me. Just being with him makes me feel like I am home and the only thing I need is him. We immediately took our usual positions laying fully horizontal across the couch. His hands wrapped around my waist tightly pulling me in close to him but not tight enough to hurt me. My head rested against his chest and our feet intertwined at the other end of the couch. I could smell his cologne from close we were, it was the one I'd helped his mom pick out for Christmas last year.