Chapter Five- After School

~*Zayn's POV*~

"Hey babe, how was class?" I asked Kayleen as we walked across the parking lot towards Liam's black Lexus.

"Oh my god. You wouldn't believe what Harry did, he kissed that girl Gaby in front of the whole class!" she exclaimed as if still not believing it herself.

"Short little Gaby?" I asked.

"Yes, that's the one."

"What??" Edith said with surprise, "Did she at least slap him?"

"Ha! No! Everyone knows she has the biggest crush on him, the little thing is probably still wishing for more," she said with a scoff.

"Well I'm glad I was helping at the front office the whole period because I would've probably slapped him myself," Edith stated, "He shouldn't take advantage of the fact that Gaby likes him."

"It's not like he knows, he probably didn't know she existed until she got called up to the stage with him. Nobody notices her in there except her sister, I honestly don't see why she's Mrs. Manrose's top student."

We all sort of got quiet with that as we entered the car. From the corner of my eye I could see Liam frowning at what Kayleen had just said. I knew he and Gaby were extremely close friends since elementary school. She was actually the one who introduced Edith to Liam in the first place. They used to hang around all the time but then when highschool came along they just sort of drifted apart. Liam took up football and Gaby auditioned for her first play after Liam finally convinced her. They still tried to get together as much as they could though, with Edith tagging along sometimes. She herself was pretty good friends with Gaby which is why she'd gotten mad when she heard what Harry did. I couldn't blame her either, Harry was known to be sort of an ass. He eventually got with almost every girl he wanted so he became popular, which only made most of the girls want him more. I wasn't about to judge some dude I rarely talked to but I thought it was wrong of him to lie to girls just to get what he wanted. I knew that if he was trying to do the same thing with Gaby however, there was no way Liam would allow it.

We were driving off when I caught a glimpse of Cecy walking with Neo and Gaby.

"Well speak of the devil..." Kayleen smirked.

I could see Liam struggling to keep his mouth shut now. "Kayleen I think that's enough," I told her sternly.

"Ugh, fine." She answered giving Liam and me a dirty look. I just sighed and turned my attention out the window, back to the three girls. I found myself staring at Cecy with curiosity as she seemed to be attentively listening to what Neo was saying while Gaby seemd to secretly be rubbing what seemed to be a pice of paper between her fingers. I watched as Cecy put up her hair into a bun to avoid the wind blowing it in her face. She was kind of pretty now that I thought about it, in her own nerdy kind of way. I'd imagine her to be one of those quiet girls that never said much but was filled with ideas once you got to know her. She was basically your stereotypical straight A student, the good girl. Like I said though, she was kind of cute. I watched as a tall boy I'd never seen before suddenly approached them and covered Cecy's eyes as if to surprise her. Weird. Okay, now why the hell was he hugging her so tightly? Liam said she had no boyfriend, there was no reason for him to hug her like that then. Maybe it was her brother. No, they didn't look alike. Wait, why do I care? I barely know this girl and I have a girlfriend. There's no reason for me to care or call her cute, the only girl I should be worried about is Kayleen. Sure she and I have problems sometimes but we always work them out no matter how serious.

"Zayn? Zayn!" Liam yelled interrupting my thoughts.

"Huh? What?" I asked confused.

"I said, do you want to pick up drive through or order pizza," Liam repeated.

"Oh pizza is fine," I responded turning my attention back to the parking lot trying to find Cecy again but she was now gone.

"What are you thinking about baby?" Kayleen asked.

"Nothing. Just stuff. And about you," I lied feeling a bit guilty.

"Aww, how sweet!" she exclaimed planting a kiss on my lips.

"Yeah," I mumbled "Sweet..."

.............................................................