Chapter 19: Haldi Begins

Hukum's POV

I gazed at her sleeping form, bathed in the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the window. Her features, so delicate and serene, held a captivating allure. The curve of her neck, the gentle rise and fall of her chest with each breath—everything about her seemed to exude a quiet beauty that tugged at my heart.

For years, I had kept my distance, watching from afar, unable to approach her. At first, it was because she was too young, too innocent for the darkness that surrounded me. But even as time passed and she grew into a woman, I remained on the sidelines, a silent protector in the shadows. I lacked the power and influence to shield her from the dangers that lurked in my world.

Now, everything had changed. I was no longer just an observer; I was the king, with enemies who would stop at nothing to bring me down. But with that power came the means to protect her, to ensure her safety no matter the cost.

Carefully, I eased her into a more comfortable position on the pillow, her fingers clutching at my jacket. I removed it gently, placing it beside her, and tucked her in with the quilt. Leaning down, I pressed a tender kiss to her forehead, overwhelmed by a rush of emotions I had long kept buried.

As I turned to leave, my gaze lingered on the hidden camera in the corner of the room. It was a necessary evil, a reminder of the dangers that surrounded us both. With a heavy sigh, I approached the camera, my footsteps echoing softly in the quiet room.

Aditee's POV

I emerged from the operation theatre, my heart still racing with the adrenaline of the intricate surgery I had just performed. It was a kidney transplant on a young child, and the stakes were high. As a doctor, every surgery is a mix of stress and excitement, but this one felt especially challenging. As I peeled off my gloves and surgical gown, a wave of relief washed over me. The surgery had been successful—my patient was stable and recovering well. 

Exiting the theatre, I noticed Seema standing nearby, her expression distant and preoccupied. I could tell something was bothering her. "Hey Seema," I greeted her, my voice tired but eager to connect. "It was intense in there, but we got through it." She nodded absentmindedly, her eyes darting away before meeting mine again.

Seema and I had been best friends for years, so I knew her moods well. I suspected her distraction was related to Raghav, her childhood friend and sweetheart. I hadn't met Raghav yet, but Seema often spoke fondly of him, though lately, there seemed to be an underlying tension in her stories.

"How are things with Raghav?" I asked gently, probing into the unspoken worry. Seema hesitated before replying, "It's complicated, Aditee. We've been distant lately." I squeezed her hand reassuringly. "If you need to talk, I'm here for you."

Seema quickly changed the subject, eager to shift focus. We chatted animatedly about my upcoming wedding ceremonies—Haldi, Mehendi, Sangeet—and her excitement was contagious. It was a relief to see her smile, even if I knew she was masking deeper concerns.

As our shift ended, we said our goodbyes with promises to catch up soon. I watched Seema walk away, her steps a bit lighter now, but my thoughts lingered on her troubled expression. Whatever was going on with Raghav, I hoped she would confide in me when she was ready.

Author's POV 

The Haldi ceremony buzzed with excitement as family and friends gathered in the adorned venue, adorned with marigold garlands and colorful drapes. Traditional instrumental music played softly in the background, setting a festive mood. Aditee, dressed in a stunning yellow silk saree with intricate floral patterns, glowed with anticipation. Her hair was adorned with fresh jasmine flowers, adding to her radiant appearance.

Hukum, looking dashing in a white kurta and yellow dhoti, stood out with his calm demeanor amidst the lively atmosphere. The room echoed with laughter and chatter as relatives and friends mingled, their faces bright with joy.

Aditee's cousins, Shivaay, Arnav, and Vikram, couldn't resist the temptation to dance. They led the charge with their spirited moves to the beats of traditional Haldi songs, drawing everyone into the celebration.

The elders began the ceremony by applying turmeric paste to Hukum and Aditee's faces and hands, symbolizing auspiciousness and blessings for their future. Aditee couldn't help but steal glances at Hukum, her heart fluttering with excitement and nerves.

Amidst the rituals, Gauri, Hukum's aunt, teased with a twinkle in her eye, "Look at these two lovebirds! Already blushing like a bride and groom!"

Aditee blushed deeper, her cheeks matching the color of her saree, while Hukum flashed a rare smile, his eyes softening as he glanced at Aditee.

Seema, Aditee's friend, chimed in with playful banter, "Hukum, you seem quite eager for that turmeric face mask!"

Hukum chuckled, a hint of warmth in his voice, "Only for Aditee," he replied, his gaze fixed on her.

As the festivities continued, stories and memories flowed freely. Aditee's father, Damodar, shared tales of Aditee's childhood antics, while Hukum's grandfather, Meghnad, regaled the guests with anecdotes from his own youth.

The mood was infectious, and soon everyone was engaged in light-hearted banter. Hukum and Aditee found themselves drawn to each other amidst the joyful chaos, their unspoken connection palpable.

As the ceremony neared its end, Hukum and Aditee were covered in turmeric paste, their faces glowing with happiness. The Haldi ceremony had brought their families and friends together, creating cherished memories and setting the stage for the upcoming wedding festivities.

The Haldi Ceremony has just begun. Things are going to get romantic between our couple. Also any guesses about Seema's situation?
Do tell me. Love you.. muah 😘