Let the Friendship games begin

Here we are the next day and the 14 selected students of both CHS and Crystal prep arrived getting ready for the beginning of the Friendship games, Sonic was just arriving and caught up with his teammates for the games.

Sonic: I'm not late right, I had some complications along the way.

Rainbow Dash: Where on EARTH were you?

Sonic: Look I'm sorry, there was a big highway chase and I had to do my job, and also I had to get my racing equipment for the race in these Friendship games.

He said as he showed a bag full of racing gear, he was about to keep speaking but the friendship games were about to start.

Bluetorpedo91: Just try to picture Sonic there in the video.

Unfortunately Sunset lost to Twilight in the final part of of the academic decathlon, her friends came over to her on stage and congratulated her.

Rainbow Dash: That was awesome!

Rarity: Truly amazing!

Sunset Shimmer: But we didn't win.

Applejack: That was as close to winnin' as Canterlot's ever been.

Sonic then came over to her and hugged her.

Sonic: Sunny, there's a whole lot more to competing, than just winning.

Sonic separated from the hug as Dean Cadance came on with Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet, and Indigo Zap.

Dean Cadance: After a careful tally of the points, we'd like to present the 7 students of each school moving onto the Friendship Games' second events. 

She announced as a few people clapped for them. The students that were going through for CHS were all of the Rainbooms and Sonic, Twilight waved slightly in appreciation while the rest of her teammates didn't as Sunset and her friends cheered and the group hugged which she watches and sighs while her teammates left, She was about to join them when her device activated again and detected magic.

(Time Skip)

After the announcement of the teams, Sonic was hanging out by the Wondercolt statue with the Rainbooms. 

Sonic: Alright so along with the events they announced, they included Go Karting. haha those Crystal Prep students won't know what hit em'.

Rainbow Dash: And a motorbike race, I call in on that.

Sonic: I would gladly do both but I wouldn't want to take away the spotlight away from everyone, so I'll do the Go kart race and two of all you each do the other events. But question is, how is the Go kart race gonna work, is it 1v1? Or are they gonna add in other drivers to make it more competitive? Either way whoever they're gonna make drive in the Go kart race, they are not beating me.

Sunset checked to see if the portal was operating again but nothing yet. 

Sunset Shimmer: I can't believe the portal is gone, it definitely had something to do with this other Twilight.

Sonic: Whatever it is we'll figure it out and fix this.

Sunset Shimmer: I really hope so, this is quite the mystery, and it's not making it any easier the fact that Twilight isn't here to help.