𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹 - ۞ 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚁𝚒𝚗𝚐 ۞

——TIME SKIP NEXT DAY——

The six companions walked more during the day until they found themselves in front of what looked like a hill made of pure rocks, with a ruin of what used to be some tower on top of it. Aragorn looked at it expectantly. "This was the great watchtower of Amon Sûl." He turned back at the she-elf and the hobbits. "We shall rest here tonight."

They all nodded and started walking towards the place. Elberth agreed with Aragorn for her to go first to inspect the area and make sure that it was safe. The ranger agreed. He knew the tranquillity it gave to the princess so he did not stop her.

After the she-elf was sure that the abandoned tower was safe, they started to build their camp for the night in a little cave in the rocky hill, below the ruins, getting a fire and their bedrolls set. Again, the she-elf took her portion to eat alone in the shadows. A few minutes later she came back, running towards them, rather excited.

"Estel!" The man was caught by surprise and turned to his friend. "What is it..?" Said the ranger. Elbereth looked anxious. A smile of excitement creeped on her rosy lips, which made the ranger let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding as he realised there was nothing actually wrong.

"Ennas na- a torog hoard dad hi! Ha tiro awartha. Tolo sí! (There is a troll hoard down here! It looks abandoned. Come here!)" Aragorn raised his eyebrows and looked back at the hobbits. "Stay here. We shall be back soon." He said as he stood up and followed the she-elf.

——TIME SKIP HALF AN HOUR——

The ranger came back alone towards the hobbits. He had a leather bag with him that he didn't have before. Frodo, Pippin, Merry and Sam watched the ranger as he came back. "Where is Thuringwethil..?"

Aragorn gave Sam a kind and reassuring smile.

"She is still searching below the tower. The troll hoard is indeed abandoned, so there are no dangers to fight against. I came here to give you these..." Frodo and the others looked at the ranger with bright eyes as he opened the bag and showed them four swords of their size.

"Have them close... Stay here, we are going to keep searching..." Said the Ranger before left again.

——TIME SKIP NIGHTFALL——

Aragorn and Elbereth had not returned yet. The hobbits were not worried. They knew that the two trackers were very skilled with the blade. The little ones just wondered what was that which was taking them so long.

Frodo was sleeping until he heard whispering and the sound of fire beside him. And when he looked around to figure out where the sounds came from, his eyes grew wide. Merry, Pippin and Sam were cooking with a fire in the middle of the night in a high place as they were. They would be seen!

"What are you doing!!??" Yelled the young Baggins.

The other three just looked at him with a grin. By the Valar, he was surrounded by fools "Tomatoes, sausages, crispy bacon!" Answered Merry with a proud grin. Frodo stood up and went towards them, angry and scared.

"We saved some for you, Mister Frodo!" Oh, dear Sam. How innocent and kind he was. Frodo however who —unlike most hobbits— used the head that Yavanna had given him for something that was not food and stepped on the fire, trying to extinguish it. Fire would alert the Ringwraiths in a foggy night like this. And Frodo knew that. "Put it out! You fools, put it out!!!"

"Beautiful! Ash on my tomatoes!" Said Pippin looking at Frodo annoyed because he had ruined his dinner.

Frodo finally managed to put the fire out. But it was too late...