𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 - ☀︎︎ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝙸𝚖𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚜 ☀︎︎

——TIME SKIP——

Daylight covered Middle Earth as Elbereth rode from a plain —one full of green grass —into another forest. She could hear the screeching of the Nâzgul, sometimes closing in, sometimes falling behind. As she gave all her strength in trying to escape those foul beasts, a branch cut her right cheek. But she didn't mind.

She rode Roheryn with an almost unconscious Frodo from the little forest to open plain. The Ringwraiths were on her heels now.

One of the black riders got really close to the elven rider and almost reached Frodo, trying to take the ring away from his unresponsive body. And Elbereth wasn't having it. She pushed Roheryn to ride faster. "Noro lim, Roheryn! (Ride faster, Roheryn!)"

She kept going and going until she saw in the distance a familiar sight. The Loudwater. The frontier of Imladris. She reached the river and Roheryn crossed it, leaving the eight Nâzgul on the other side.

She paused Roheryn and looked back. The eight cloaked riders stopped their horses at the edge of the water as the mentioned screeched, terrified of entering the water.

One of the Nâzgul spoke up. It's raspy voice resonating in the air.

"Give up the halfling, she-elf!"

Could any living creature in Middle Earth seriously think that Elbereth Thranduilsell, the most stubborn elf of them all, was going to give up without a fight? Those bastards knew nothing. She drew her sword and pointed it at the sky.

"If you want him, come and claim him!"

The Nâzgul drew their swords and did the same. Then they rode their reluctant horses across the ford. Elbereth knew there was only one way to get out of there alive and for Imladris to be safe.

Legolas would ask her not to do this. For she could pass out. Mending the elements was not a small thing to do. But it had to be done. She didn't have much time. The Nâzgul weren't slow.

"Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer. Rimmo nin Bruinen, dan in Ulair... Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer. Rimmo nin Bruinen, dan in Ulair! (x2 Waters of the Misty Mountains, listen to the great word. Flow waters of Loudwater, against the Ringwraiths!)"

Elberth recited the verse as in her hands a faint glow of white appeared, just like in Frodo's wound.

Slowly the water level started rising, and a rumbling noise could be heard not very far away. It was closing in. Suddenly a huge flood comes into sight in the distance, with peaks like horses galloping towards the Ringwraiths. The Nazgûl try to get away. Some of them try to get to the shore again and some flee down the river.

Whatever those foul creatures did to try to save themselves from the power of the elves, was in vain.

Elbereth pulled Roheryn towards the shore, which then took to the elven civilization, as she saw the Nâzgul getting washed off by the huge flood. It was okay. They were safe.

But while Elbereth looked at the scene she herself had created, Frodo started to slip from Roheryn. Elbereth, realising this, laid him on the ground. She didn't have the strength to keep him on the horse. Not anymore.

"Frodo... No! Frodo, don't give in! Not now..."

She then started to get dizzy. Her head spinned and in a second she was laying next to Frodo. 'No please, I can't fail. I have to save Frodo.... What grace has given me. Let it pass to him. Let him be spared...' Prayed the she-elf as she drifted into unconsciousness along with Frodo. A tear ran through her cheek as she heard a heavenly voice, echoing, in the distance.