𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

MOVING FORWARD
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter four, season one

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

𝐖𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐘. I'm not surprised when we find nothing, but it still pains me to see the defeat on Sam's face upon finding zilch. For him, I wish we could find anything that could help point us in the direction of this bastard that took Jess and Mary Winchester.

   Jess' funeral happened two days ago, and while Sam payed his respects, Dean and I sat on the hood of the car with our heads hung low. When he reluctantly sulked back to the car, he climbed in and he's barely said a word since we set off for the road again. He's barely eaten, and I can't say I blame him. He lost his girlfriend— a woman he loves, and he didn't deserve to lose her in such a horrendous way.

   I feel useless, but all I can do is be there for him. He just needs us to be here for him.

   He's currently asleep in the front seat, and Dean turned the music off long ago when he found Sam to be drifting off. I've been reading off the map, pointing Dean in the right direction but most of the roads are straight. The map that sits on my lap has been folded to reveal the state of Colorado, and it has a giant red X labelled 35-111 across it. These coordinates were left in Dad's journal with Dean's name next to them, so we're following his directions. Somehow, without him here, we're still following Dad blindly.

   Colorado isn't far now, and we should be coming up to Blackwater Ridge soon which is just... woods. I don't understand why Dad pointed us in this direction, but we can't exactly ask him, can we?

   Suddenly, Sam shoots up from his sleeping position. "You okay?" He sits up, stretching his arms out in front of him. He looks... surprised by something, and I can only assume that he's had another nightmare. He's had quite a few over the past week, and while he acts like they mean nothing, I know they're bothering him.

   "Yeah, I'm fine." He's lying, I know he is.

   "Another nightmare?" I ask, hoping he'll discuss it but he hasn't talked about them over the past week, so I don't imagine he'll start now.

"You wanna drive for a little while?" Dean offers, and my eyes widen in surprise because he never asks if either of us want to drive. I'd love to drive this beauty again, but I know he won't let me. This car is his baby, and he takes care of this thing better than himself. He never lets us drive it unless we have to.