𝟎𝟐𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐧

THE WINCHESTERS AND A CLOWN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-four, season two

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

𝐒𝐀𝐌 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐀 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋 𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐃'𝐒 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐖𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐋 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄'𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄. Dad's voicemail was from a woman called Ellen who wanted him to call back, and Dad kept the voicemail for four months. Sam didn't find her name in Dad's journal, but he did find an address and that's how we're here── at a Roadhouse.

   Because the Impala isn't completely fixed, Bobby lends us one of his cars── and by cars, he lends us a beaten-up minivan, and it's the most humiliating thing any of us have ever been in. Dean is unsurprisingly salty about driving the minivan, but he's only ever drove the beautiful Impala so I understand his frustration.

   We open the door to the Roadhouse, and we're greeted by the beautiful sound of silence. All I can hear is the faint buzzing of a fly, and then I watch a bulb blow. "This is charming..." I mutter, moving towards the bar where a man is passed out.

   Sam comes to stand behind me. "Hey, buddy?" The man makes no attempt to move. "I'm guessing this isn't Ellen."

   Sam steps away from me and walks into a back room, looking around. I step away from the man, moving to check another area of the Roadhouse while Dean does the same. As I look around, I find it to be quite a nice place despite the lack of livelihood and people. Regardless, I imagine it's a nice place once it reaches the right crowd.

   And despite being seventeen, I could really use a drink so I make my way to the bar and come to an abrupt stop when I hear a gun cock behind me, pressing into my back. I freeze for a second, my eyes searching around to see that Dean and Sam are nowhere to be seen.

   I chuckle softly. "I really hope that's a gun."

   "No, I'm just real happy to see you." A girl talks, and I find myself wanting to turn around and meet her eyes. "Now don't move."

   I hum, smiling to myself. "You know, you should know something..." I sigh, stretching my hands out in front of me. "When you put a rifle on someone, you don't want to put it right against their back. Because it makes it real easy to do..." Skilfully and quickly, I turn fluidly and grab the rifle from the──

   I hold the gun── her gun── in my hand, and my words die on my tongue the moment I look at her. Blond hair cascades down one shoulder, brown eyes bore into my green ones, and her lips are upturned in a slanted smile. She clears her throat, and I feel my face heat in embarrassment. I just stopped talking all because a beautiful woman held a gun to my back.