𝟎𝟏𝟔. 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

DADDY DEAREST
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixteen, season one

[ tw: john winchester . . .
descriptions of abuse ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

   ❝𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊.❞

The weight of my words rest heavy on my chest as I stare up at the ceiling. I should feel sad that my father hasn't returned home in three weeks, but I can't help but be happy. This is the longest he's stayed away on a hunt, and everyday, I feel like parts of me are being mended.

His absence is welcomed, more so by me than anybody else, but I still want him to stay away.

If he stays away, I'll be safe.

If he stays away, I won't have to hurt.

"I don't want him to come back," I repeat, my voice louder, and the significance of my words pound against my chest. "I'll be safe. I'll be alive. If he stays away, I won't have to worry."

A throat clears behind me, but I don't move. I just remain in my position, my body laid across the sofa with my eyes focusing on the ceiling above. I know who's listening to me— it's the same person who's listened to every little thing I've had to say about my father over the past sixteen years.

He understands, he always has.

"You'll be alive whether he's here or not."

I think back to the night he took off— the night he caught a lead on the demon he's been hunting for a large part of his life.

Dad had just walked into the motel room, and I thought it was Dean so I stupidly woke up to greet him. When my eyes landed on Dad, I knew what was going to happen to me before it did. The darkness in his eyes is all I remember seeing before I fell unconscious on the bathroom floor.

I woke up, coughing up blood, my back covered in marks from Dad's belt. Dean was hunting elsewhere, and I can still hear Dad saying, "He won't save you now." I cried for Dean to come home— for him to walk through that door and pull Dad off me, but he didn't.

Dad hadn't hurt me since the night Sam left for college until that night three weeks ago, and Dean still doesn't know. I was too afraid to tell him, so I hid it. Dad left for California, and I caught a bus to Bobby's. The second he saw me, he knew what had happened. I fell into his arms, crying like a pathetic kid, and Bobby cleaned the wounds on my back for three hours while I cried into my knees.