𝟎𝟎𝟔. 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭-𝐭𝐨-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

A HEART-TO-HEART
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter six, season one

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

   𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑, 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐍, 𝐒𝐀𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒. It was always peaceful, always serene, and I used to connect the stars to each other to try and make ridiculous patterns that made no sense. Regardless, I've always found the act of stargazing to be relaxing, and that's why I'm sitting outside at four in the morning with my knees pulled to my chest and my eyes on the dark sky.

   It's cold outside, but I don't care. I feel at peace. I feel alone and secluded, tucked away in my own little world that doesn't involve supernatural creatures. I'm relaxed. I'm happy.

   The last time I admired the stars like this was last year when Dean and I sat on the hood of the Impala at one in the morning. Dad and I had fought with one another hours before, and after he conked out for the night, Dean took the Impala and we drove to a field to just stare at the stars. We didn't say a word to each other, we just stared up at the night sky. It was beautiful.

   I close my eyes, basking in the quietness, and then I hear a door creak behind me and the silence is broken. I peer over my shoulder to find my brother leaning against the wall. His hands are tucked in his jean pockets, and he moves towards me without saying a word.

As I look back to the stars, he sits down next to me. "You know, stars don't actually twinkle," I say softly, frowning at the recall of that fact. "So the nursery rhyme you guys sang to me was wrong."

Sam chuckles, his own eyes moving upwards to peer at the sky. "I tried to get Dean to sing "Three Blind Mice" but he wouldn't." I grin thinking about how many ridiculous rhymes Dean would sing to me when I was a kid.

I sigh, resting my chin on my arm. "You have another nightmare?" I ask, my eyes focusing on the sky above me rather than my brother who sits next to me.

"Yeah."

"Care to share?" I push, hoping he'll confide in me. He's always been able to do so before, but it's been a number of years since we last sat together like this.