𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨

WENDIGO
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter five, season one

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒, so while my brothers slept, I stayed up and read through Dad'd journal. I've never had the opportunity to just read through it, mainly because he hid it far away from me when I was younger. As I flick through the pages, I read about each and every supernatural being that they've hunted over the past twenty years.

When I reach the back page that contains my squiggly handwriting, I close the journal.

I have no idea what this supernatural creature could be, but I'm sure we'll know more tomorrow when we go to investigate the forest. I just hope we find Tommy Collins alive for the sake of his family.

I understand Haley's persistence to find her brother. I'd do the same thing for my brothers. I'd search high and low to find them, and I know they'd do the same for me. My family— Sam and Dean— are important to me, and even though Dad never made me feel apart of this particular family, I know the importance of family.

I want to help Haley find her brother even if Sam is insistent on leaving this behind and finding our father.

And the following morning, we arrive at the forest entrance with our weapons in a duffel bag. Haley and Ben stare at us, and the other man who stands with them shakes his head, obviously not expecting us. "You guys got room for three more?" Dean asks.

"Wait, you want to come with us?"

"Who are these guys?" The man I assume Haley hired asks, pointing his finger towards us.

"Apparently this is all the park service could muster up for the search and rescue." She doesn't seem entirely convinced by who we are, and maybe we should consider telling her the truth for the sake of this hunt, but we also shouldn't tell her just in case.

Sam walks by everyone, and I follow pursuit. "You're rangers?"

"That's right," Dean says with a smile.

The man Haley hired stares at me for too long, probably trying to figure me out. I'm aware that I look vastly different to my brothers, inheriting my wild, auburn hair from my estranged mother. I'm also aware that I look young, and I guess sixteen is young, but I'm very smart, so I can be helpful in a handful of ways. I want to help despite what this man is currently thinking.

Haley looks Dean up and down, her eyes moving from him to me and Sam. "And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans?" Our outfit choices definitely aren't suited for hiking in the forest, but we don't have many clothes. In fact, I'm wearing Sam's shirt and Dean's jacket. The only thing that belongs to me are my jeans.