Chapter 5 - Father Figure

Recap -

"Goodbye, unfair and cruel world. May we meet again never."

With that, I lean forward, feeling free for the first time in years. I smile to myself as I start to blackout during the fall, glad that it'll all be over soon. I look behind me and see someone standing at the ledge right where I was just before everything goes black.

Opening my eyes, I realize I'm in a hospital.

What the fuck?! Why am I not dead?!

Glancing around the room, I see that I'm hooked up to a few machines, most likely to keep me alive. I slowly sit up, groaning in pain when I put pressure on my arms. Someone walks into the room once I'm fully sitting up.

"Hello Izuku, I'm Dr. Zimmerman and I'll be taking care of you during your stay here. I noticed that when you were brought in you had passed out due to blood loss. Now, the cuts look self-inflicted, but just to make sure, were they?"

Confused, I slowly nod my head at him.

"Okay," they jot something down on their clipboard, "Also, I noticed you had been, ummm, how to put this gently..."

"Raped?" I provided for them.

"Ummm, well yes. I've never had someone be so straight forward about it though."

"Well, I guess I'm the first. To answer your question, I was. I don't feel comfortable talking about it right now so please drop the subject," I finish while slowly curling up on myself.

They jot something else down before setting down the clipboard, "That's perfectly okay Izuku. We don't have to talk about it right now, just please don't curl up like that. Some of the cuts were really deep on your thighs and had to be stitched shut. I'm afraid you might tear a stitch."

I extend my legs out, slightly hissing under my breath when I feel the stitches being pulled a little.

"I'll get you some pain killers. Oh, and before I forget, you have some visitors. Should I send them in all at once or one at a time?"

Surprised, I tell the doctor to just send them in one at a time. After Dr. Zimmerman grabbed their clipboard and left; my mom comes into the room in a rush. She quickly walks over to me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Oh, my baby! Are you okay?! Of course, you're not okay, you hurt yourself. Why did you do that?"

"J-just a buildup of stress from school I-I g-guess. S-sorry mom."

"Don't apologize, I understand. Just... next time, please come to me instead of trying to kill yourself please. I don't know what I'd do if you died."

I can't help it; I start to cry in her arms. Letting out all my anger, all my fear, everything that's been eating away at me for almost all of my life, in her arms in this hospital bed.

After many minutes, I'm able to at least pick up the broken pieces of myself that had scattered when my mom first hugged. While I'm putting the pieces together, I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in," mom says.

I hear the door open and shuffling feet.

"Oh Katsuki, thank you for coming."

I jerk away from her and look at the door, seeing Katsuki standing there. I start to hyperventilate, and my vision becomes blurry.

"Izuku? Honey? Please calm down. Izuku? Izuku!?" my mom starts freaking out, "Katsuki, thanks for coming. You can head home now. And please, tell his other visitors to come in?"