Chapter 6 - Is Life This Cruel?

Recap -

"Okay, thanks for coming mom. Love you."

"Love you too sweetie."

She gives me a quick kiss on my forehead before leaving. I snuggle into Dabi a little and start to feel my eyelids droop. Before I know it, I'm out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly stir awake, not wanting to wake up. I snuggle up to the source of warmth next to me before realizing it's a person. Everything comes back from yesterday and I slowly look up at Dabi. I can't help but take in his beautiful yet fierce features.

While looking at him, I notice a small trickle of blood come from where his scar meets his skin under his eye. I lift my hand, resting it on his cheek as I wipe the blood away. My hand lingers longer than it probably should, though I don't know why. There's just a part of me that doesn't want to move it.

I start to trace my thumb over his jawline where one of his scars are. It's rough, but kinda nice.

I wonder what his lips feel like. Wait, what? did I seriously just think that? What's gotten into me?

"Enjoying the view?" Dabi says, startling me. I look up to see him glancing at me with his eyes just barely open.

Oh fuck that's hot.

"S-sorry," I mumble, moving my hand away.

He chuckles at me and grabs my hand, moving it back to his scar.

"You're fine. I've gotten used to people being curious about them to be honest."

"Didn't you say that your quirk caused them? Like, that your body can't handle your quirk."

"Yeah, it kinda sucks. I use it too much and I risk getting burns that can become like these scars."

"Hmm," I hum back, thinking to myself.

"Well, isn't that cute," a voice at the door says, scaring both of us. We whip our heads towards the door to see Eraserhead standing there with a cup of coffee in his hand. He walks over and sits down in the chair by the bed.

"Oh, hey Aizawa-sensei!" I say, sitting up.

"How'd you sleep, problem child?"

I can't help but giggle at the nickname, "I'm never going to shake that nickname, will I?"

"Nope."

"Well, I slept pretty good. Actually, the best night's sleep I've had in a while if I'm being honest."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Dabi smile a little at that.

"I'm glad you're doing well problem child. Need me to get you anything?"

"Hmmmm, actually, did mom bring my yellow backpack when she stopped by?"

"Yes, she did," he says before standing, crossing the room to my bag, and bringing it back to my bed. I thank him as he hands it to me, then reach into the bag and grab out my hero notebook that Kachan had nearly destroyed on the last school day.

"Damn, the hell happened to that?" Dabi asks, sitting up and taking it from my hand to look at it.

"Oh, well Kachan kinda exploded it on the last day of middle school," I explain to him, taking it back.

I end up spending the next few days in the hospital, writing in my notebook or talking with my visitors, which were always either my mom, Aizawa-sensei, or Dabi. I've actually gotten a lot closer with Dabi and Aizawa-sensei. Aizawa-sensei even gave me his number so we can talk next time, instead of him finding me trying to jump off a roof.

Eventually, I'm allowed to leave the hospital, though I have been prescribed depression pills and have pre-scheduled appointments with a therapist at least twice a month. After changing into my clothes, I shoot a quick text to mom, telling her I'll walk home, to not worry about me, and that I'd be there in about 20 minutes.

Walking the streets on my way home, I can't help but feel like something terrible is going to happen soon. Sadly, my gut feeling was correct.

Out of nowhere, a sludge-like villain grabs ahold of me. I try to fight back as it blocks my airways and tries to force itself into my body. My fight slowly fades as it gets harder and harder to stay concious.

Is this how it ends? Years of bullying, just recovering from being raped, and attempted suicide, I get suffocated by a villain? Can God really be this cruel? Who am I kidding, there is no God. If there was, I wouldn't have had to go through everything I've dealt with in my life.

Everything just fades to black...

----------------------------------------------------

Word Count : 734

Hey!!!

As promised, I made chapter 6 for you! Hope you like it!

Have a good day/night my children!

Till next time my chicks, bros, and non-binary hoes! <3

Bye!!!

Yes... Life is this cruel. It always has been... and it always will be. Especially to the kind and caring...