Chapter 2: Messages from the dead

Third person:

A cold and dark room with a few machines that are no longer in operation stands there without any electricity or heat at all. Inside a machine sleeps a little boy, his appearance could be described as an angel. He is in the dark and his chest floats with his irregular breathing, sometimes he breathes in briefly and unconscously holds his breath for a long time, but sometimes it looks as if he is having a bad dream and is gasping for breath. But suddenly he wakes up and looks around frightened, his posture reminiscent of a small street kitten desperately looking for help.

Angel Pov:

"Y/N Do you know the answer!"

"Huh?"

"Earth to Y/N, are you sleeping in class again?"

"No I... where are we...?"

A few children started to turn around from their seats and I got all nervous, 'why are they looking at me like that? Did I do something wrong?'

"Ehrm... no.. I think...." no its just Class I need to know the Task.

I quickly look at the Board 'it can't be that hard, after all, this is the Math class for children with learning difficulties....or? 'wait a minute'

"I'm really starting to lose hope in you angel... you're only supposed to solve this? what's wrong with you?"

"I... what... what does it say?"

The Board was full of red letters, they were all scattered around and made no sense. 'wait, what did she just call me?'

"Ehm... what... what did you Ju-"

"Tell me, are you hard of hearing or something? Or can you just not read, angel?"

I look slowly in the direction of the voice, my eyes slowly starting to fix on the left of me. A boy about my age with his blond hair pulled up, he kind of looks like an chicken. 'what... Who are you?'

"Angel Now read the DAMN TASK!"

"Yes sorry Miss... Its...."

I feel bad everyone is staring at me and the letters look like they're shifting. 'what the'. The smeared red letters are moving as if it were a coloring book and a red liquid is slowly running down the sides of the blackboard. 'I feel sick', but at that moment. Right now. I can read the words as they now make sense.

"The prototype will ... save us all"

"You see angel? Wasn't that hard after all was it?"

"Yes, but Mrs. Delight... what does that mean......?"

I heard a loud crack and every child at that moment suddenly turned their head towards me and looked me in the eye. I could even see the broken bones in some of the children's necks slowly poking out of their skin 'I can't take this anymore' I couldn't control it at that moment looking at all the Kids, I felt so bad and it just came out... I threw up on the table. 'I don't want to look at them' What is going on here?

It happened suddenly and was very loud, someone had literally slammed the door open.

"Y/N, Angel!"

I didn't dare answer, it was one of those women with their yellow suits who have that look on their face...like they own everything.

"It's you with the scars, isn't it.... Hey!"

"What... what's going on?"

"You're really very lucky, Kid"

"Me?. Lucky?.. Why?"

"You were chosen and adopted by a loving family!"

"I... Adopted... Why?"

"you should have listened to them" 'what? what did she just say?'

"you should have listened to his successor" 'Am I hearing badly?, what is she talking about?. I dont understand.'

"But now it's too late for you"

"What are you even talking a-"

"The angel is starving" 'What... What does she mean 'I don't understand anything here'

"The angel is starving" ' I... don't understand'

"The angel is st-"

"STOP! I..." Tears slowly flow from my eyes. I feel them slowly drift down my face and everything gets louder and louder.

"Lucky you"

I started to scream.

But then I woke up.

"What was that???" I can hardly breathe, it feels like my heart is about to jump out of my chest.

It takes me a few seconds not to fall over. I feel dirty, I can also see why. I am Practically lying in Trash and im Still wearing the Lab Coat from when I was tested on. 'wait that dream, was that ma-'

My thoughts got broken by a loud noise, which was coming from my Stomach. it was very Loud Growling. I looked around and the memories of yesterday came flooding back, I slept in this shithole as usual. 'dammit' this can't go on, I remember my thoughts from yesterday. Oh god I am going to die here Wont i. 'Wait can i even die?'

I still know the way from here towards Playcare, that will be the only place where there might still be something edible, it will probably be a long journey without a destination.But its better than staying here and sleeping in this Manufactoring Hole.

I Slowly stand up and Feel my Legs Starting to cramp, but that's no problem, and it happens often. Thats why when i was on the run after It Happened, I start to bend my knees slightly and concentrate on my legs, I have made myself a little taller in my sleep 'Maybe out of instinct', well, it doesn't matter.

I can see and feel my legs getting shorter 'it really helps with the pain' but I shouldnt use my ability 'if you can even call it that' that often.

Because at that moment I immediately feel dizziness and can quickly protect myself from falling by leaning on an old machine.'damn it already?'

I should set off slowly now because it will take me at least a couple of hours to get to the Gamestation, and from then on, Ill walk on the Train tracks. Because I know there's a Toy rummaging around and if she sees me, 'that'll be it'.

No, I need to get into walking.

Next stop: The Gamestation