Chapter 12: 𝘗𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘺𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭

Tomorrow is a new day

You are back with the Smilling Critters and the person you healed. But who exactly is she? Why did she work here before?

How do the Smilling Critters see you now? After all, you were beaten up by Kickin two chapters ago in front of everyone... Does anyone even care?

And then there's the DogDay thing...That could be something.

---

Well guess what, I'm back again!
This chapter was... A challenge. More on all of them in the end notes (Or author Notes).

Wc: 3.2k

---

DogDay. DogDay. DogDay.

The corridors of Home Sweet Home are strangely warm, as if someone had turned on the heating. But you're not paying attention to this as you walk along, you're thinking about something completely different.

DogDay.

She was just...Ugh, you just couldn't put it into thoughts or words. Her smile, her manner and the fact that she pays attention to you. Of all the other Smilling Critters and that woman you healed, she looks out for you. To the boy, the experiment that was bred down here in the dark. Although she only knew rainbows and green meadows in her 'Critter Valley' world, she was interested in you.

What is that feeling?

Although you hadn't eaten anything yet, your stomach felt as if it was full, as if it was filled with something indescribable. The hunger was there, but this feeling outweighed everything. It was as if you were in a sun-drenched meadow, experiencing the best day of your life, full of joy and yet nervous. This mixture of excitement and uncertainty was so intense that you only wanted one thing: to find out exactly what this feeling meant. It was an overwhelming tingling sensation that completely captivated you and left you feeling inspired and excited at the same time.

Turn right once, then left and there you were.

The large common bedroom of Home Sweet Home.

The door was open, and you could look in. The bloody bed in the middle is no longer there, the one where the woman you healed was lying minutes ago. The beds next to it were occupied, Crafty and Picky were sitting there. Crafty was drawing on a sheet lying on the bedspread, elegant hand movements with pencils on her hoof across the paper. Picky watched her, her curly tail over the bedspread and her legs out to the side on the floor outside the bed.

Although you haven't entered the room yet, you smell something. Delicious warmth. A mixture of melted cheese, crusty bread and butter

I am hungry.

You go in with that.

You can also see directly where the smell is coming from, apart from the two of them, everyone else was in the next room, a kitchen. From a distance you can see Bubba and DogDay, including the woman you healed. She was tall, slightly taller than DogDay and Bubba. She was no longer wearing that CatNap T-shirt, now she was wearing a leather jacket and funny red pants.

You automatically move towards them, what else could you do?

Light footsteps through the room, hoping that neither Picky nor Crafty will notice you. This place brings up memories in you, memories that you prefer to keep hidden in the back of your mind.

( "I don't want to be here" )

It was dark in the common bedroom, your eyes were closed anyway, at least you were trying to sleep. Beneath the thin blanket tugging at your skin.