Chapter 30

Yongsun's POV

I arrived home from work, feeling anxious as I hadn't heard from Byulie aside from a message about having dinner with her father tonight. I also didn't see her at the company earlier. Feeling concerned knowing that she and her mom are not okay, I couldn't shake off the worry enveloping me at that moment. 

"Why aren't you preparing? I thought you'd have dinner with Byul and her father," Unnie walked into my room, cradling our cute little puppy in her arms.

"Byul isn't answering the call. Maybe she's busy and will postpone the dinner tonight," I replied.

As I was about to lay in bed, the person who had gone missing earlier that day suddenly showed up at my door, carrying a bag and flowers. She walked towards me and kissed me on the cheek. "I'm sorry, I was busy writing a song at home. Get up, babe, we're going to have dinner with my father," she said with a smile, brushing off the earlier concern as if nothing had happened.

I quickly hugged her, unable to contain my emotions as I pouted, "I missed you so much."

"So dramatic," Unnie butted in before leaving the two of us.

"I bought you a dress. I knew this would look good on you, babe," Byulie said with a smile before kissing my lips. It was evident that she had changed a lot, becoming much sweeter than before.

"I'll be waiting for you outside, okay?" She patted my head affectionately before leaving the room.

It didn't take me long to get ready. After one last check in the mirror, I left my room. She had picked out the perfect dress for me: a black above-the-knee dress, paired with a purse and heels.

"Oh, my little sister has grown so much. You look perfect in that dress. Byul will be head over heels for you again," Unnie exclaimed, smiling warmly as she admired my appearance.

"where is she?"

"I think she's waiting for you outside," Unnie replied, gesturing towards the door.

"Damn it! Fine! Fine!" As I walked outside the unit. I heard Byulie yelling at her phone, looking frustrated, as I approached her.

She noticed me and immediately ended the call, her mood shifting instantly as she walked towards me with a smile stretching from ear to ear.

"You are incredibly beautiful, Yong. Are you really mine?" Byulie asked, her eyes filled with adoration as she gazed at me.

I noticed that Byulie had changed into a pair of trousers and a blazer, covering a gray sweater. It struck me how she effortlessly blended feminine and masculine elements in her appearance. "Of course I'm yours, Byulah," I reassured her, clinging to her arm as we began walking. "Who were you talking to? You seem stressed again, like last night."

"I-it was nothing, just about business, babe," she replied, trying to brush off the subject with a forced casual tone.

She remained quiet for the entire ride until we arrived at our destination. She didn't say anything but carefully opened the door of my seat. With a gentle gesture, she offered her hand, and I gladly took it as I stepped out of the car.

"Dad just arrived. He's waiting inside," 

she informed me as we walked into the restaurant, our hands still intertwined. My nerves began to fray, and I felt my palms growing sweaty. I couldn't help but notice that the restaurant was empty of customers.