Chapter 32

Morning arrived, and with it, disaster for Byul as her mom summoned her to their house. As she entered her mom's office, she could see the anger seething from her. Byul's mom flung a bunch of papers at her, containing documents outlining her plans for Yongsun's pre-debut along with records of the units she had recently purchased.

"Damn you, Krystal," Byul cursed silently in her mind. She knew krystal is the one who told her mom  about it.

"I heard about your plans regarding that girl, Kim Yongsun, and you even bought her an apartment unit?! The Jung family is not happy with what you're doing, especially Krystal!" Byul's mom said as she walked toward her daughter.

"I thought you were handing me the company? Why are you meddling with my plans? Because of Krystal?! Come on, Mom! This isn't about her, it's about our company! And I'm doing everything I can to ensure we stay on top!" Byul picked up the documents detailing the purchase of the apartment. "And as for these apartment units, you have nothing to do with them. I bought them with my own money, not yours, so you have no right to dictate who I choose to take care of them."

"It doesn't matter. What matters is Krystal isn't happy with what you're doing, especially with that trainee! What's your relationship with her to care that much?!" Her mom yelled, her anger palpable as she glared at Byul.

"MOM!" Byul yelled, unable to contain the anger and frustration bubbling inside her. Her mother was shocked, as Byul rarely raised her voice, even in anger. "You stay out of this! Don't interfere, or I'll be willing to abandon everything, even you! I'll talk to Krystal." Byul stormed out of the house as quickly as possible.

Byul drove to the company and headed straight to her office, knowing that Krystal was likely waiting for her. She wasn't wrong; as soon as she stepped inside, she saw Krystal. But to her surprise, her girlfriend was also there, talking to Krystal. This made her nervous, fearing that Krystal might said something to her girlfriend.

"Ms. Moon," her girlfriend greeted, bowing respectfully.

Byul walked toward her girlfriend, unable to contain her concern. She immediately hugged her tightly, paying no attention to Krystal. "Yongsunah, are you okay?" she asked, her voice filled with worry.

Yongsun was surprised and unsure how to react. "Byulah, not here," she whispered, gently pulling away from the hug. She glanced at Krystal, who was smirking at her.

"I just called her to give her some advice regarding her upcoming shoot with your new song," Krystal said teasingly, smiling at Byul as she leaned back in her chair. "I'm just being a good sunbae here, Byulah."

"Sunbae is right, Ms. Moon. I'll leave you two alone then. Thank you, Sunbaenim," Yongsun said, still feeling uncertain about her encounter with Krystal. She squeezed Byul's hand before turning to leave.

"What was that, huh?!" Byul pulled Krystal's arm. "What the hell are you playing at?!"

"I knew you'd rush over here. You know me so well now, babe," Krystal said, clinging to Byul's neck. "I bet you came from your mom's office, right? How was my gift?" She whispered into Byul's ear, prompting Byul to push her hard onto the sofa.

"You two are such witches!" Unable to suppress her feelings, Byul tightly gripped Krystal's hands, intending to hurt her. "What did you tell her, huh?!" she demanded, her voice trembling with anger.

"I told you! I was giving her advice!" Krystal tried to get away from her, but Byul's grip was too strong. "Y-you're hurting me, Byul!" Byul finally came back to her senses and let go of Krystal.