"the omega treatment" 🍑 {minsung}

It seemed obvious to everyone that he'd met that Jisung would present as an omega.

Slight stature, soft features, small frame, and ever-improving homemaking skills. It made sense, really - his siblings had presented as such, as did most of his friends. It just made sense for him to fall into place with them, as well. So, he tried not to worry too much when even the youngest of his friend group, Jeongin, presented before he did.

It wasn't terribly uncommon for individuals to present in their later teens. Jisung was reminded of that often by those around him. It didn't help him feel any less of an outsider, though. While his friends were excitedly celebrating being able to finally detect pheromones and develop their own, as well go through their first heats, Jisung could only listen in quietly and wonder when he'd be able to experience the same thing.

Sixteen passed, followed by seventeen, eighteen, nineteen... Nothing. He was beginning to lose hope.

On the eve of his twentieth birthday, Jisung came down with a fever and near-unbearable pelvic cramps. Despite the pain and discomfort, he was overjoyed to finally, finally catch up to those around him.

As he lay in bed with his roommate, Felix, tending to him, he couldn't help but worry that something was wrong... He wasn't getting wet, at all. He knew that it was a universal experience that omegas were meant to produce more slick than usual during their first heat, but he was bone dry. Odder still, the base of his cock hurt. God, did it hurt.

Instead of taking advantage of the heating pad Felix had bright for him, he had an ice pack pressed up against his groin as he groaned and whined about the pain. Felix tried to assure him that it may just be because he was presenting late, but by the time that the inevitable rush of new pheromones permeated the room, the truth was out.

Han Jisung was an alpha.

Now, there wasn't anything wrong with being an alpha, but in that moment, Jisung found himself mourning a future he'd spent his whole life dreaming of - finding a lovely alpha of his own someday, becoming a mother to several wonderful children, staying home and raising their little family surrounded by all the other omegas he was close to... It was something he'd yearned for since he was young, and suddenly that had all changed. It'd been rendered impossible in a matter of mere moments.

From that day on, Jisung struggled to find another purpose in life. It had been three years since his first rut, and he'd never spent another with anyone else, far too ashamed and uncomfortable with his own subsex to reach out for outside help. That was, until his doctor recommended him to a rut clinic. She emphasized the importance of a healthy sex life and not over relying on suppressants to nullify what his body did naturally. If he didn't want to find a potential mate to spend ruts with, she advised that the clinic would help.

Having already had his rut recently, Jisung wasn't too worried about looking into that avenue just yet... But as Felix' was coming up soon, he began to wonder what other options there were - particularly for omegas. That wonder was what landed him on their sofa, his head on Felix' lap as he scrolled through search results.

"Find anything interesting, Sungie?" The omega questioned sweetly, carding his fingers through Jisung's curls.

"Mm," he nodded, "I found a heat clinic nearby. They do pretty much the same thing as the rut one, but I guess they use artificial treatments, as well."

Felix hummed inquisitively. "Artificial treatments? Like toys and stuff?" Jisung nodded. "Why not just use them at home, then?"

Jisung shrugged and tilted his screen so Felix could see the page he was scrolling on. On the clinic's website, it listed various methods of treating one's heat, including knotted dildos and holistic massage. He assumed that the rut clinic probably had similar options, but he hadn't yet looked into it.