Chapter- 2

Manhattan, 2000

The apartment's windows still show a pitch-black world, and the December mornings are especially slow to lighten up. The evenings still seem longer than they should be.

Mingyu is reading the newspaper today while resting on the left side of the bed as he always does, attempting to extend his pleasant moment before having to get up and get ready for work.

"It was an awesome last night."

He glances at the omega in front of him after lowering the paper. She has already put on the black dress, taking care not to catch the zip on her long blond hair.

"You are fantastic," With a sigh, Mingyu discards the newspaper in order to properly stretch. His cock twitches with desire as he takes in Bella's alluring curves and feels the smooth sheets against his bare body. Perhaps he can still manage to get in a little before work. He groaned to himself as he looked at the clock. Today, fortune is not in his favor. Instead, he responds, "I'd like to see you again."

"I'd like that, too."

"Tonight."

She throws him an amused look. "It's Christmas Eve, Mingyu."

"So? I'll pour eggnog over you," he teases and sits up, not caring that the sheets do a poor job of covering his clear excitement.

Bella laughs and slides her feet in high-heeled sandals. It's freezing outside, Mingyu is never gonna understand omegas... I have to head over to my parents' place in Jersey."

"Jersey?" he makes a face. "Do you have any idea what the traffic's gonna be like?"

"That's why I'm taking the train." she grabs her coat and throws him a look over her shoulder. "It was nice meeting you, Mingyu."

Mingyu grinned to himself as the door shut behind her and stood up. Entering the wardrobe, he selects from among his several fitted shirts and, as he buttons it up, he peers out the window, taking in Manhattan's skyline. After an amazing night of sex with a stunning omega, he is surrounded by expensive watches, beautiful ties, Italian shoes, Zegna clothes, and a staggering sum of cash.

His life is perfect.

Humming as he descends, he gets into the lift. It stops halfway, as usual, and Mrs. Peterson, his neighbor in her late 60s, walks in with her disgusting chihuahua in her arms. Mingyu and the dog hate each other deeply and try not to rip each other's throats only out of respect for Mrs. Peterson.

"Merry Christmas, Minnie, and good morning."

"Happy Holidays, Mrs. Peterson," he bows naturally. "So, Betty, when are you going to run away with me and leave that old corpse, Mr. Peterson?" Mingyu asks, grinning.

"You'll never be able to please me the way he does." Mrs. Peterson follows suit smiling. 

Like every other day, she gives Mingyu a wink and heads out of the lift as soon as the door opens. He follows her and pauses to speak with the doorman for a moment. Tony is a decent man, and Mingyu often provides him advice on how to invest his money so that, in addition to his normal wage, he may earn a little more money. After listening to the man for a little while and asking about his wife and daughter, Mingyu excused himself.

When Mingyu reaches Wall Street, he parks in front of a large building with an attractive sign over the glass door that reads "P.K. Lassier and Associates, Investment House." He drives his Ferrari through the crowded streets of New York while listening to Christmas music on the radio. That's his strongest asset. The transaction he's been working on is now within his grasp; he can feel it in his bones. the achievement of which he has been daydreaming since he was a foolish newbie. Mingyu will have everything when he fully understands. That's it..... That will be the final chapter of his life.