Chapter-15

The following morning, Mingyu spends a good twenty minutes just looking at a sleeping Wonwoo.

They had a tough night as Hwannie got a fever and nothing could soothe him but his omega father. So Mingyu took Minnie to sleep with him, so her little brother's whimpering and sobbing wouldn't disturb her. They woke up all snuggled together and after a playful wrestling and tickling in bed he sent the pup to brush her teeth while he first maneuvered Hwannie out of his mate's embrace and placed a finally calm baby in his crib and then he carried Wonwoo to their bed to let the omega rest a bit.

By the time Mingyu was done, Minnie was already waiting like a good girl for her breakfast and after preparing her pancakes and granting her wish to eat while watching cartoons, he left her alone to do just that. He quickly walked Lucy and when they returned, he climbed the stairs to join Wonwoo in bed, scenting him to ensure a better sleep.

So right now he's just lying by his side, awed by the incredible man he got to spend his life with. 

 Joshua was right that one night after a bowling game - there's no alpha who wouldn't give anything to be mated to Wonwoo.

As he watched his beautiful omega sleep soundly, Mingyu told himself that he had made the proper choice. On Monday morning, he will give Lassier a call and respectfully turn down his job offer.

His family is now his priority.

After making sure Hwannie is still asleep, he checks the time and determines it's enough for his daughter to watch TV. He then puts on some warmer clothes and gets her snowsuit.

"Come on Minnie, turn it off, and let's play outside."

There are joys of life that Mingyu never knew before. He'd never thought that building a snowman with a giggling little girl could be a perfect way to spend his morning. Or he'd never thought that he'd purposely lose a snowball fight and be happy about it because the winning side is just too adorable.

But for now, this is his world. To make his young daughter laugh endlessly, he would run away from her, play tag, and generally act like a clown. Just watching her smile, which is an exact replica of his, lights up his face.

With an exaggerated grunt, Mingyu collapses, pulling Minjee to perch atop him as he sprawls out in defeat. The alpha chuckles, "You got me, you got me," as she playfully growls and tickles his neck.

She stops then and looks at Mingyu enquiringly. It lasts only for a couple of seconds and when her eyes fill up with tears, he's about to panic, but then she whispers, "I knew you'd come back, Dad"

Mingyu breathes out shakily when she leans down to hug him and he immediately reciprocates as tightly as he can, without hurting her. "Oh, Minnie," he chokes out, barely holding himself back from breaking down. "I love you so much."

Yes, there were many joys in life that Mingyu was unaware of. And being scented by his daughter is one of them.

After they came back home they found Wonwoo and Hwannie already awake. Mingyu sends Minjee to change, so he can take care of his son now and give Wonwoo time to get ready for the day.

They spend it in the house, close together, snuggled in the nest as Hwannie is still a bit fragile even though it seems like the fever is gone for good. They read books, watch Disney movies, and listen to Minnie's violin performance. It's a perfect Saturday but as the sun sets down, duties call Mingyu. He takes out the trash, and walks Lucy, as usual meeting Seungcheol and Jun who remind him to salt the pavements.

So Mingyu lets the dog inside and walks to the garage. He's already dressed up so he might do it right away as well. But of course, the day couldn't be too perfect. The alpha grabs the bag just to realize it's the last one and is almost finished at that.