Chapter-13

He can't keep his eyes off Wonwoo as Mingyu takes him through the door to the flat he reserved for the evening. The omega explores his surroundings with awe obviously taken aback by the magnificence all about them. It's not the most extravagant place Mingyu is aware of— But he would stop at nothing to treat the most beautiful person in his care to the most sumptuous suites on Earth, as he so richly deserves—but it's the best he could do for the time being, without seriously compromising their money or their kid's college funds.

Mingyu thinks he did well seeing the pure amazement on his husband's face when once on his own two feet he walks to the window and looks at the view. The Washington Square Arch almost within the arm's reach shines right there for them.

The view in front of Mingyu is much better in his opinion. Mingyu opens the champagne, giddy from the knowledge he actually pleased Wonwoo and it seems like also earned his forgiveness.

"Bubbles, hm? Do you have any plans, Mister?" the omega circles his arms around Mingyu's waist and plants a soft kiss at his nape. "You know it always makes me a bit wild."

The alpha's stomach drops. Yes, Mingyu remembers. He remembers well, as nothing he experienced later could compare with bubbles fused Wonwoo. "I'm ready to tame the beast."

Mingyu answered with a cheerful grin when he turned around with two full flutes, one in each hand. "Am I out of the doghouse?"

"Definitely," Wonwoo throws his head back in a burst of laughter and accepts one of the glasses.

"I'm glad, then. Happy anniversary, sweetheart."

After exchanging toasts, Wonwoo puts his arms around Mingyu's neck and the flutes return to the table. The omega leans down to whisper in his ear and says, "I'm gonna tell you a secret," in a flirty manner. "You might even get lucky tonight."

In an instant, the words cause the alpha to get heated in his gut, and he tightens his grip around Wonwoo's waist. Mingyu chokes out, "Shit," and when Wonwoo retreats, he is star-struck once more. "You're so beautiful, Hyung."

"I already told you, you were gonna get lucky," Wonwoo bites his lip but Mingyu just shakes his head, because this man is not real. He's ethereal, marvelous, and designed by all the existing gods themselves.

But it's not just that.

Wonwoo is smart, funny, fucking hilarious and the best husband and mate Mingyu could ever ask for. The dull life he's been living the past weeks wasn't that dull when he thinks about it now. At the end of the day, Mingyu had always finished his evenings cuddled with Wonwoo in their nest on a couch. And besides, this is their life together. They go to sleep and wake up by each other's side, they split chores and raise amazing pups who are the best kids any parent could wish for. 

Minnie is a little bit weird but that makes her the purest soul out there and Hwannie is a fighter, any day now he's going to take his first step, always happy and maintaining a positive attitude even when his bum hits the ground again, and again.

It's been only a few hours since they are out but in all honesty, Mingyu misses them already and can't wait to take them in his arms tomorrow after coming back home.

But right now his focus is on the love of his life and the realization hits him right in the face, stomach, heart, and everything altogether.

"My god... All this time," Mingyu merely whispers, afraid to disturb the moment with his voice cracking unwillingly. "I never stopped loving you."

It's as if some weird veil was lifted from his mind and eyes. As if the chains fell down from his lungs and Mingyu could breathe again. He loves Wonwoo. He loves him and he never stopped, for all those long, awful years they've been apart.