Chapter-4

Presently Mingyu is driving around the neighborhood in the crammed minivan, sneering at every opportunity. As he walks by each house, it becomes increasingly absurd. It's disgusting, those Christmas lights. depressing small-town residents attempting to live a little more fun Pathetic. They choose to stay here despite the fact that New York is only an hour distant. Furthermore, for what? to visit the city whenever they have the chance.

Such types of people are known to him. Fear, lovers, and pups and their schools are some of the reasons they are stuck in place, although they dream of living like Mingyu. They're all just as dumb.

After a few minutes of driving in vain, he decides to ask for help from the first person he sees. Thankfully, he spots a guy shoveling the pavement right when he turns the corner. He stops and rolls down the window.

"Excuse me, but where is Morrison Street?" Mingyu assumed he remembered the name properly, but he wasn't entirely sure in the morning due to a slight fog in his head.

The man glances up, and a look of something like relief appears on his face. He whispers to himself, "Fuck," and spins around. "Jeonghan-na, Mingyu is here."

Another person emerges from the home through the porch, glaring at Mingyu. "Hello, unexpected guy. At last, made the decision to show up?"

"Honey, give him a break. The guy motions at Jeonghan, telling him to walk into the house. "I'll talk to him," he says. I apologize on behalf of him; you understand. As the pregnancy grows, it gets more intense. Please, hurry up. Kiddo, we have to talk about it."

The idea of returning to the house where Wonwoo, the two kids, and who knows what else are waiting successfully silences Mingyu's doubts about whether it is a good idea to accept going inside this stranger's house. Moreover, the man seemed rather innocent. He is undoubtedly shorter than Mingyu, and despite the winter attire making it difficult to tell, he doesn't seem like a buff man.

Hence, after making a snap decision, Mingyu stops the car and, remembering to bring his bag and a Barbie bicycle bell, follows the stranger through his house to what appears to be a playroom. It's a touch cheesy, as you would expect from an alpha, but it's still a type of cozy man cave. Mingyu could sense that the person was an alpha residing in Jersey as they got closer. The man just pushed Mingyu onto the bar stool, disappeared behind the counter, and poured two glasses of amber liquid before Mingyu had a chance to take a look around.

Mingyu smells it and honestly, he can't remember when was the last time he drank such cheap scotch but guess one does not look a gift horse in the mouth. So he bottoms up and sets the glass down forcefully. He needs at least one of the bottles of this after the day he had.

"Whoa, kid, easy there."

"I'm not a kid," Mingyu scoffs and glares at the man.

"Your behavior today doesn't prove your theory."

Mingyu pokes his tongue in his cheek and decides to ignore this biting remark. This guy has no idea what Mingyu is going through, hell, even Mingyu has no idea himself, so who does he think he is in any position to judge Mingyu like that? Kid? His life was stolen and instead, he was put in this crazy place. Against his will. KIDNAPPED.

To his surprise, Mingyu's glimpse behind the alpha reveals a wall covered in pictures. Although Mingyu doesn't recognize some of the guys, he himself appears alongside most of them. Accompanying Wonwoo on a fishing trip, kissing a bowling trophy, going camping, both raising their fists in the air and putting their arms over each other's shoulders while standing in front of the Grand Canyon, and hugging Wonwoo as the other alpha is cuddling Jeonghan.

"Are we Friends?" Mingyu breathes out.

The guy looks behind and Mingyu notices a "Joshua Hong" tag on another bowling photo.