Chapter 9: Answers?

TW: mentions of self-harm/depression

Doyoung had just stormed out of the gym, leaving his teammates perplexed.

Junghwan, annoyed by Doyoung's behaviour, set off after him. He was getting fed up with the long looks full of innuendo that Doyoung had given him for some time.

Junghwan eventually caught up with Doyoung in the dance hall, where he had already started warming up on the floor, probably to practice their last dance routine. Doyoung turned his head as he heard the door to the hall close behind Junghwan, and their eyes met. But Doyoung quickly looked away and concentrated on his stretching.

The younger boy huffed, frustrated at being ignored by the elder and decided to move closer to him while calling out for his attention, "Hyung... Hyung!"

Doyoung felt obliged to look up at Junghwan next to him. "Yes? What do you want? I'm busy..."

Junghwan: "Are you serious? You can spare me a few minutes, don't you think?"

Doyoung: "...Maybe, but what makes you think I want to Junghwan-ah?"

The younger boy frowned, surprised by his behaviour: "Seriously, you want to make things hard? What's wrong with you?!"

No reply

Junghwan became impatient with the elder's silence, and his anger took over when Doyoung rolled his eyes looking at him. With his firm hands, he lifted Doyoung off the ground to force him to stand and look him in the eye.

Surprised by the younger's strength, Doyoung pushed him off violently, exclaiming: "Let me go! What's your fucking issue?!"

Junghwan: "No, you're the one with the problem, not me. You're the one who goes slamming doors without apologising to anyone. You've been glowering at me for the last few days. You've ignored me even though we said we'd put it behind us."

Hearing this, Doyoung huffed, crossing his arm, showing his frustration.

Doyoung: "You're not the centre of my attention; what makes you think I was looking at you?"

Junghwan: "Ugh, are you serious right now? Even Haruto told me about it; if you have a problem with me, just say so."

Doyoung: "Well, of course, you always have to bring Haruto into every discussion, don't you? You can't do anything without him, I've noticed."

Junghwan, not expecting this reply, was caught short and needed to figure out what to say, which allowed Doyoung to follow up.

Doyoung: "Oh, you're not talking now? You may need to call Haruto to come and speak for you. You've never been very good at expressing yourself; you've always needed other people's help! You're just weak!"

A long silence followed Doyoung's hateful tirade. "Have you finished?" Junghwan said, exasperated by the situation.

But Doyoung wasn't finished; he was far from it.

He looked Junghwan straight in the eye, a slight smile forming on his lips, and said: "You disgust me."

Then, it all happened very quickly. The younger, clearly annoyed by the elder's words, grabbed Doyoung by the neck and slammed him against the dance hall's wall; Junghwan leaned against the wall with his other hand to support himself.