Chapter 17: Love at twilight

Doyoung's POV- Diary entry

"You know that feeling when you want to talk to someone, but it's probably not the right decision. At least, it feels like the wrong decision. That constant stress in your chest. It eats you up inside. Like you can't breathe, talking to other people about it makes them think you're crazy.

Besides, why talk about it when you know others won't support your decision? Sometimes, isn't it better to trust yourself? Aren't some decisions better made when you're alone?

That seems to be the case in this situation.

Who, who would push someone to confess something to someone who is madly in love with you? I say "something" because an "I love you" might be too strong and not true enough.

But yes, I do want to go and see him, to tell him, to confess to him how I feel, what's inside me, this itch in my stomach.

I admit I don't know why I'm stressing. I know that on the other side, someone is waiting for me with open arms. Maybe it's the stress of not loving enough, of not being able to show enough, or the fear that this will eat me up, gnaw at my insides.

I've made mistakes, it's true. It happens to everyone, but I know I've made them. I realise that. I think that's a good thing.

The fear is still there but less present and less intense. After seeing the extent of your love, I wanted to speak out, too, and that's what I intend to do tomorrow.

Wait for me, just one more day, please."

----------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning

In the early morning hours, the sun peeked through the dining room curtains, bathing the room in a soft, golden light. The scent of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air, mingling with the delicate aroma of toast. Jeong-woo, his eyes still misty with sleep, sat down opposite Jihoon, his soul peaceful but his heart heavy with the worries of the night before.

With a reassuring smile, Jihoon placed a light hand on Jeongwoo's, a gesture of tenderness and brotherhood. "I've spoken to Doyoung," he began, his voice a soothing whisper. "Everything's back to normal. It's hard to explain, but Junkyu is no longer a problem. Don't worry about it any more. »

Bearing a promise of serenity, these words gradually dispelled the shadows that haunted Jeongwoo's mind. His heart lightened. Jihoon, sensing this relaxation, changed the subject, leading Jeongwoo into more diverse conversations.

As the minutes passed, the other members joined in, one by one, bringing with them bursts of laughter and morning anecdotes. The atmosphere became a warm symphony, each voice contributing to a harmonious melody that filled the dining room with life and happiness. The walls echoed with this gentle cacophony, a vibrant testimony to their friendship and complicity.

---------------------------------------------------------

In the evening

Twilight enveloped the sky in a golden purple veil, with the moon shyly silhouetted against the horizon, ready to greet the dying sun. Nature seemed to hold its breath, suspended in that magical moment when day and night brush against each other. A gentle breeze whispered through the trees, caressing the leaves with an almost maternal tenderness. Junghwan, sitting alone on a bench, watched this celestial spectacle, his eyes lost in the changing shades of the horizon.