Chapter 13: Too good to be true

Doyoung had been in Junkyu's room since they got back. He didn't want to stay brooding alone in his room. He needed to talk to someone. That's how he ended up here, lying on Junkyu's carpet, who was watching him from his bed.

Junkyu: "Well, are you going to talk? I can see you want to tell me something..."

Surprised by the eldest's voice, Doyoung turned towards him. He was looking at him, his eyebrows furrowed as he sat cross-legged. The youngest couldn't help but scratch his neck reflexively; he was stressed.

This stress of not knowing how to say things and feeling unable to express himself. He had so many things on his mind but couldn't get them off his chest.

Doyoung: "I... I... shit, I don't know where to start..."

Hearing this, Junkyu smiled tenderly at him as if to encourage him to continue. He knew that the youngest tended to keep everything to himself. He was the kind of person who didn't want to bother anyone, who didn't want to be a problem for anyone, and above all, who didn't want to cause any trouble. But, of course, he also knew that keeping everything to himself was a terrible idea. Doyoung had to talk.

Doyoung: "You... you remember... erm... my fight with Junghwan?"

Junkyu: "Hmm yes, vaguely, why's that?"

It was suddenly hot in the room—at least, that was Doyoung's impression. He could feel his temple beating inside him; it was a strange sensation. A drop of sweat came crashing down on his trousers, and he wiped it off with the palm of his hand, causing them to crease.

Junkyu noted his growing stress and didn't know what to do. 

Doyoung: "I... it's weird again between us... I feel like I don't know him anymore. Like something's changed in our relationship?"

He said this in one breath, his fists clenched in his lap as he waited for Junkyu to reply.

Junkyu: "I find it hard to understand... You don't get along anymore, is that it?"

Doyoung, surprised, turned his head towards Junkyu: "No, no, it's not that... It's just that... I don't see him in the same way anymore... I think".

Junkyu laughed softly: "Hahahaha, our Junghwan has grown a lot. So, it's normal that he's changed, and so has your relationship..."

Doyoung: "You... you think that's it?"

Junkyu nodded in agreement.

A sigh of relief left Doyoung's lips. A weight had just been lifted off his shoulders; he'd been right to talk to Junkyu about it.

The two continued to talk for several more hours. It was so easy for Doyoung to talk to Junkyu. He had never felt so close to him.

Before returning to his room, Junkyu hugged him, whispering as he went: "I'm glad you're feeling better, Doyoung". The youngest blushed, embarrassed to receive so much affection from the man he had admired for many years.

Doyoung: "I'm off now, good night Hyung...".