Chapter 2: Parting ways

Doyoung's Dorm

Doyoung was having trouble falling asleep again. The past few weeks had been challenging for him because the group was preparing for a comeback, so their schedule was jam-packed with rehearsals, meetings, and interviews. It also didn't help that Junghwan had been avoiding him lately, which made him feel even more stressed and anxious.

Unable to sleep, Doyoung got up and walked to clear his head. He put on his warm jacket and comfortable shoes, grabbed his dorm keys, and quietly closed the door behind him. As he strolled towards the main entrance, he heard faint noises coming from another room.

Curious, Doyoung wondered who could still be up at this late hour. He tiptoed towards the source of the sounds and realised that they were coming from a nearby dorm room. He could hear some muffled voices but couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

Feeling intrigued, Doyoung decided to investigate further. He approached the door of the room and listened carefully. As he got closer, he could distinguish different voices. Doyoung was almost sure he heard Haruto's and Junghwan's voices.

He was curious about what they were up to. Should he knock on the door and say hello, or should he return to his dorm and try to get some rest? Doyoung stood there momentarily, pondering his next move, while the voices inside the room continued to chatter away.

Jung Hwan's dorm

Haruto: "Junghwan-ah, I wanted to ask you about something." He said.

Junghwan just nodded as if saying to him to continue with his question.

Haruto:" I've noticed you and Doyoung were a bit distant the past few weeks..." he said, looking at him.

Junghwan looked away quickly, not knowing what to answer. He knew Haruto was right but couldn't explain why he distanced himself from Doyoung.

Junghwan: "Yeah, I know... it just happened", he said.

Haruto: "How come?" he answered, looking intrigued.

Junghwan: "I think... maybe we were just not... that close?" *sighs*

Haruto: "But you two were like best friends; I mean, you were practically doing everything together", he said.

Junghwan didn't answer and just got off the ground, stretching himself a bit because he had been sitting for a long time.

Junghwan: "To be honest, I just don't connect with him anymore. He's bland, and it's draining to be with him."

Haruto: "Yah, Junghwan, that's something pretty rude to say; I hope you know that", he answered.

Junghwan just nodded, not knowing what to add.

Doyoung's POV:

Doyoung let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Standing in front of the door, he realised his cheeks were wet. He had been crying, the tears slowly rolling to his chin.

Doyoung couldn't understand why Junghwan was so unbothered by this situation. How could he be so chill about not talking to him? When he heard Junghwan calling him "bland", he felt like his heart was being cut through with a knife.

Doyoung: "Am I that uninteresting?" he asked himself.

After that, Doyoung lost interest in going out, returned to his dorm, and tried sleeping.

THE NEXT MORNING- In the training room

All the members of TREASURE were sitting on the ground, listening to the dance teacher's explanation. They were getting ready for their comeback and had to prepare their choreography. The group was divided into two units, with the following members: Jihoon, Yoshi, Hyunsuk, Jaehyuk, and Asahi in one unit and Doyoung, Haruto, Junkyu, Jeongwoo, and Junghwan in the other.

However, Doyoung was unhappy about being in the same unit as Jungwhan as he showed no interest in interacting with him, which annoyed him. Both units started practising their dance moves, trying to learn the choreography.

While observing Junkyu's unit, the dance teacher wanted a better result. He asked the boys to stop and said he wanted to change the choreography. The teacher then asked Doyoung and Junkyu to come to the front, as he wanted to try something with them.

Dance teacher: "I was thinking... because this song you are dancing to, is about love, it needs some passion, some tension in the choreography. I concluded that you two were the perfect match for this. I want to create a kind of connection in the dance between you two." "If you two agree, of course" he added.

As the teacher made a request, Doyoung and Junkyu turned their heads towards each other, their expressions displaying their surprise. They exchanged eye contact before nodding in agreement with the teacher's proposal. The request caught them off guard, but they were nonetheless willing to comply.

Dance teacher: "Okay, so, in this part of the song, I would like you two to regain the centre and slowly walk towards each other. Don't forget to always look at the other while walking."

Doyoung and Junkyu both did as the dance teacher said.

Dance teacher: "Now that you are both close, Junkyu, please touch Doyoung's cheek slowly. Doyoung, you will react to his touch like Junkyu's hand is on fire; you'll get down on your knees slowly, unable to trust your legs anymore".

Doyoung went to his knees and looked up at Junkyu, clearly embarrassed about this whole situation.

Dance teacher: "Junkyu, you'll help him get up, and then I want the both of you to do the choreography but in a mirror formation..."

Doyoung and Junkyu started dancing, looking at each other.

Dance teacher: "Doyoung, don't forget the eyes; I want to see passion in those eyes!"

As Junkyu and Doyoung started their dance routine, the rest of the group stood by and watched. The other members found the situation quite amusing and started chuckling and laughing between themselves.

However, Junghwan shared a different sentiment. He found the whole situation annoying, and his facial expressions showed his displeasure. As Junkyu and Doyoung finished their part, Junghwan rolled his eyes, clearly indicating his frustration.

Hello everyone, I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting, but don't worry, I'm back! I hope you liked this episode. Don't forget to like and comment ;))

(I'll try improving my English, I hope I'm not making many mistakes...)