CHAPTER 3

"The Tiger, Lion and Cat"

Saturday...

Nothing to do! I scroll through the channels, half-heartedly. I slumped on the couch with nothing more than shorts as my clothing.

"Ice! Come here for a moment!" My mom shouted in the kitchen.

"Coming!"

I walked to the kitchen and saw my mom browsing the fridge.

"Yes?"

"Go get some groceries. We are out. Also, could you buy a new knife. Ours have rust on it"

"Rust? Isn't it stainless?" I asked

"I thought so too..."

"I think you got cheated..."

"just go get some groceries!" my mom yelled in embarassment.

"Kay!" I grabbed the note on the fridge that says 'groceries' but my mom stopped me in my tracks

"Wait, I need to add something." She said as she took the paper

"what is it?"

""Open it in the market. You'll find out." She said with a wink.
Ooookaaaaaaay?

"Well... I need to get dressed now."

I went to my room and wore a white shirt and jeans. I went out and passed my brother.

"So how's the job interview?" I asked

"Fine. I think? I have a lot of competitors in the office."

"Don't worry! You will get the job! You're my brother after all!"

"Thanks, Ice." He said as he pat my head "Where are you
going?"

"To the market. I need to go shopping" I said as I showed him the list mom gave me.

"Okay. Have fun!"

After our little talk, I walked to the market. My mom said I should open this here, so I did.

"Eggs, milk, bread, salmon, veggies, flour, the knife mom asked and..." I stopped when I read the last word.

...

......

'Lover'

I blushed slightly knowing what I just read. Seriously, mom? Although... a lover would be nice... What the hell am I saying?!

"Ice, focus!"

I walked around the market to buy the things I need. After I finished, I went to the candy shop to rest a bit.

"I really hate crowded places." I said as I ate some shaved Ice I bought.

"Hey, look! It's the runt!"

I was suprsed by the voice and cringed in fear. Only 1 man I knew has that deep voice... and attiude...

"You know, we didn't finish what we talked about last time.The name's Andrew." He said as he leaned in front of me "Howzabout you leave school?"

I turned to him who was suddenly in front of me.

"Our school is not a place for retards like you! All half-bloods are."

"Then shouldn't you leave?" I talked back to him

"What makes you think you could talk back to me, runt?" He held my collar and lifted me.

"I'll teach you how to respect me!"

I closed my eyes to prepare for the punch.

1...

2.......

3..........?

Nothing? I opened my eyes and saw a Lion holding this tiger's arm.

"Who the f*ck are you?!" Andrew said as he dropped me "You're getting it now old man!"

The tiger threw a punch to the Lion. Failed. The lion blocked it with his arm. The tiger just kept throwing punches but none of them actually touch the lion's body, just his arms. The tiger was obviously getting tired.

"Tired already?" The lion mocked

"Hmph. Just getting started old man!" He then threw more punches. As expected, the lion blocked it.

"Actually, I just needed to buy time." The lion said

"What?" andrew turned his head and found a cat coming towards him. Bullseye. A strong punch made andrew go flying.

"Maya?"

"Sup!" She gave me a peace sign

"Ugh..." Andrew struggled as he lays on the ground

"Had enough?" The lion asked

"Grrr...! I'll remember this" He said as he walked away

"What a lame line. 'I'll remember this' " Maya stated as she turned to the lion "What about that, senpai?"

"Strong enough for a woman fighter" He said while Walkig towards me "Need a hand?" He held out his hand for me.

"Uhh... Thanks..." I grabbed it and stared at both of them.

"Seriously, that guy is such a bully. We've known him for like 2 days and he became our enemy." Maya said as I walked toward her. "Ya alright?"

"I think so..." I keep staring at the lion. He seems so strong.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce you. This is Leo. I know, original name. He is a 3rd year sudent at our school. He is also my teacjer in hand-to-hand combat. Don't worry. He is just 17."

"What's that suppose to mean? Anyhow, nice t meet you. You are Ice, right?" I nodded in return "Maya told me about you."

"What exactly have you been told senpai?" I asked curiously

"Sorry, cannot tell!"

"Pout!" I said

"Hahaha! Hey what are you doing anyway?" Maya asked

"Oh, I am actually shopping. Wait, where's my bag?" I looked around for my bag. I saw it but...

"Dang it! The eggs cracked!"

"Here, I'll pay for them." Leo said as he gave me money

"Oh no! I can handle it senpai!"

"Nonsense. Maya, let's help Ice here."

"I thought you'll never ask" Maya replied

"But guys..."

"Oh shut it. Consider this as a bonding time with friends!" Maya said as she held my shoulder

"Come on. We don't want it get dark now." Leo said as he dragged me

"Ah! W-w-wait. I'll go. I'll go!"

We bought new eggs and I we chatted along the way.

"Thanks guys."

"No problem, Ice." Leo gave me a thumbs up

"I guess I'll go home now. Thanks again for everything!"

We parted our ways and I arrived home to see my sister jumping up and down.

"Uh...? What did I miss?"

"Your sister just got promoted."

Well, at least my day wasn't much boring at all. Oh, I almost forgot.

"Mom? What did you just wrote?"

"Hehehe... So? Have you found someone?"

"Shut up! I'll be in my room. I'm too tired to celebrate." I walked upstairs to my room.

A lover, huh? Who will that be?

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Sup guys? So? How did you like the third chapter? Right now, I don't have school so I guess I will be posting an update at least once per week. For now, that is it. Also, remember Leo. He will play a huge role in this book. That's all for now. Later~