The Party 2

Lynn's POV

I went upstairs to a room that looked like a family room. It had a giant tv mounted above a fireplace and a few paintings and three huge couches which were pushed to the corners of the room.

I also noticed all my friends and Luan were up here. "Yo LJ!" Margo called me over. I sat in between her and Paula. Tina and Cathy were next to Paula.

"Ok! We're all here! Hands up all who has ever played seven minutes in Heaven," a brunette dressed in all leather said.

Half the room put up their hands. "Okay so it's pretty simple. So we each take turns spinning a bottle and whoever it lands on has to go into that closet over there," she pointed to a white door to the right and stay there for seven minutes. PS kissing is required and anything else you can do in seven minutes feel free to do so," she said with a wink.

"Now that we all understand. Who wants to go first?"

"Lynn will go first," Margo yelled out before anyone else could say anything.

I widened my eyes. "Alright. Lynn Loud. Go ahead. Spin." All eyes were on me as I spun the bottle.

I sat anxiously as it slowed to a stop at non other than Missy Samuels.

"Alright our resident jock and queen B. Have fun guys," leather girl said.

Missy stood up with a nonchalant look. "After you," she said.

We walked to the closet. When we got in, Missy flipped on the light switch and we stood there awkwardly in silence just looking at everything instead of each other.

"So I didn't peg you for the party type. Just something else I can add to my presentation," Missy said.

"I'm not really the party type but I can hang," I shrugged.

"You should wear your hair down more often."

"I don't see that happening but thanks," I said again.

"So are we really expected to kiss?" I asked.

Missy rolled her eyes. "Katie only said that. You do whatever you want in seven minutes in Heaven. Have you really never played before?"

"This is actually my first high school party."

"Well some people kiss but others just wait out the time. It's up to whoever is in the closet. Of course we're not gonna kiss because we don't really know each other and well you're you and I'm me."

"You mean because we're both girls?" I asked confused. "Of course not. It's 2024. You don't have to be a lesbian to kiss a girl. Nothing's wrong if you are. I just mean that you and I are not friends so why would we?"

I nodded. We continued to stare at each other in silence then all of a sudden I found myself staring at her lips. Her pink, shiny strawberry lips.

I walked closer to her to see what she would do.

She only looked at me with a look I couldn't read. I bit my lip and began leaning in. I had no real idea of what to do since I've never had my first kiss but if it's what some teens do at parties then maybe I can too.

She began leaning in and out lips met. Missy put her hand on my arm and held me closer. It was a quick soft kiss but it made me feel tingly inside.

When we separated we stared into each other's eyes, not saying anything.

A knock on the door interrupted our moment.