06: Angels like you

I know that you're wrong for me
Gonna wish we never met on the day I leave
I brought you down to your knees
Cause they say that misery loves company
And it's not your fault I ruin everything
And it's not your fault I can't be what you need
Baby, angels like you can't fly down here with me

▶• ılıılıılılııııılııılı. 0:36

𓆩♡𓆪

Ryujin watched the band's performance attentively until she felt someone talking to her from behind. When she turned around, she smiled at the boy next to her.

"Oh my god, Sungchan?! What are you doing here?"

"We finally meet after so many years! Good to see you. You look pretty as ever..."

The music was loud, the crowd was jumping and pushing each other to the beat.

"Hey, do you remember that one birthday party?" Sungchan asked and Ryujin looked confused "The frog one..." Sungchan asked, leaning in close to Ryujin's ear to be heard over the noise.

"Oh... That day was fucking chaotic..." She said and both laughed.

"Hey, can we talk somewhere quieter?" He asked and Ryujin nodded. While trying to walk, some random people bumped into them, Sungchan held Ryujin's hand and guided her to the exit."

They were outside, near the pool. Sungchan and Ryujin used to live in the same neighborhood when they were children. Sungchan was even invited to Beomgyu's 6th birthday party, where he witnessed the chaos that Ryujin caused. Although Sungchan was the only kid who wasn't scared of the frog, the whole mess was amusing to him. While Beomgyu accused Ryujin of ruining his party, Sungchan went to her and said that if he received that gift, he would be the happiest person in the world because he loved amphibians and reptiles, especially frogs. This is how Ryujin and Sungchan became friends.

Sungchan suffered from an allergy to animals with fur and was frequently ill, his fragile health made it hard for him to socialize with other kids. However, Ryujin was one of the few children who accepted him for who he was, and they formed a strong bond. As the years went by, Sungchan's health continued to deteriorate. At the age of ten, he had to relocate to Seoul to receive treatment for a rare illness, and when the boy finally returned to Daegu, he found that Ryujin was no longer there, but they kept in touch through online social media. Sungchan never liked the way Beomgyu treated Ryujin and that's why he was never interested in being friends with him or his friends, they also studied at different schools. He only knew the Hwang twins because their parents were friends.

𓆩𓆪

Sungchan and Ryujin were outside of the house near to the pool. Only a few people were there, mostly couples making out. It was a good spot to have a relaxed conversation.

"I didn't know you knew the Hwang twins..." Ryujin said as she sat on a swing nearby.

"Yeah, it's a small world and a lot of things have changed since I came back to Daegu and you went to Canada."

"How are your lungs?" Ryujin asked concerned.

"Brand new, I no longer need to carry an oxygen cylinder and a cannula in my nose to breathe.

"I know that, but didn't you have any problems after the lung transplant?"

"Not yet, but I'm terrified of going into swimming pools or anything that makes me hold my breath, the feeling is horrible and you know that as well as I do... By the way, you weren't bothered when you heard that song about drowning, why was that idiot singing that song and looking at you?