24: Will I Ever see you again?

❝In the fleeting moments that passed like a shadow
Filled with unspoken words in time
Like that first moment, unfading
If I wait, will I ever see you again? ❞ ━ Red Velvet

𓆩♡𓆪

"Alive."

Those were the only words Ryujin uttered upon returning from the hospital. Her friends gazed at her in disbelief, while Jeongin, confused asked, "What do you mean by 'alive'?"

"He is alive and that's what matters." She firmly said, and took her phone out of her pocket and called her mother.

Another awkward silence lingered in the air.

Beomgyu broke the silence with a question, "And you? How are you feeling?" She blankly stared at him. "Alive...unfortunately." The last words left her friends apprehensive, they didn't like what they heard, she was acting as if her life didn't matter, and her indifference left them anxious.

"Why are you talking like that?" Beomgyu asked in concern.

"Like what? Now I'm forbidden to talk how whatever I fuck wants?"

"Those words hurt, Ryujin. Not only to me but to our friends..." There was another silent moment as the cold breeze blew between them.

Chaeryeong and Jeongin exchanged a glance surprised, it was the first time they had seen Beomgyu express himself like that in front of Ryujin. They knew Sungchan's accident was because of a fight with Beomgyu, but now the rumors make more sense. They fight because of Ryujin, and Beomgyu seems to care about her more than they expected.

"Beomgyu, I'm not in the mood to talk right now," Ryujin said and kept checking on her phone, while they stared at her silently.

Jeongin changed the subject and talked about trivial things to ease the tension. However, Isa was the one to bring up another question. "Can we go see Sungchan? When is he expected to be discharged from the hospital?"

Ryujin snorted as if answering the question was the most annoying thing to do. "Why don't you go inside the hospital and ask them?"

Beomgyu was already pissed by Ryujin's childish attitude " Stop talking to us like that. I know you are mad after what happened to your friend, and I know I'm the one to blame, but you don't need to take your anger out on them. If there's someone you need to be upset with, it's me. I know how wrong I am for starting the fight, and I feel bad about that, but Sungchan was also wrong, he falsely accused me of horrible things, and I couldn't accept it." He sighed heavily after spitting all the words from his chest. "What happened was a fatality, it could have been me or you..."

"Can you be quiet? I'm tired, just shut up!" Ryujin's mother's car approached the place, and as soon as she saw it, she quickly got in without saying goodbye to her friends. Her mother asked if they wanted a ride, but from the look on Ryujin's face, they refused the ride and said they would spend more time at the hospital parking lot.

𓆩♡𓆪

As Ryujin arrived home, she rushed to her room, threw herself onto the bed, and cried. Her tears flowed freely as if she were determined to cleanse her heart of the pain she had been trying to keep hidden for so long. The weight of her emotions finally released, she closed her eyes and let herself surrender to the vulnerability building up inside her. The room was filled with the sounds of her soft sobs and the gentle rhythm of her breathing, creating a cocoon of solitude where she could confront the rage within her soul.