27: Not about Angels

❝How unfair, it's just our luck
Found something real that's out of touch
But if you'd searched the whole wide world
Would you dare to let it go?❞ ──  Birdy

𓆩♡𓆪

Without showing any reaction, Beomgyu stood there looking at her. He was shocked since it was rare to witness Ryujin so vulnerable. 

"For all these years, I've carried this burden of guilt. But I couldn't erase you from my mind, no matter how much I tried..." She paused to catch her breath when she felt her voice breaking. "...and seeing you with someone else, knowing that it's not me only made me realize things I had never felt before..." 

Deep down, Beomgyu understood her reasons for leaving, but he couldn't shake his pride in setting aside their problems. Yet, he also realized that they couldn't have any kind of relationship even if she had chosen to stay. With a contract binding him to be in Seoul in three months and the unspoken rule about no relationships during the early years of debut, he knew their time together would have been limited.

Their fate was pretty much inevitable, so they started to realize that perhaps accepting their bad luck was the way to go. The constant struggles suggested that it was time to give up and face the challenges that fate had presented. Even though it was a bitter pill to swallow, surrendering to their destiny could bring a bit of peace amid their chaotic lives.

"Damn it, I shouldn't have said all this. I know I should get over it... it's been five years... I look pathetic..." She wiped the tears from her face with the back of her hand and went toward the door without looking at him. She reached for the doorknob, and whispered, "Please, forget everything I just said..."

"No." He firmly said and she turned her back and faced him. "Never." He said again.

"Okay, you can throw it on my face that it's too late for me to say all those things, and that you love your girlfriend, I don't care...Whatever! After two months I won't work here anymore, so we won't be forced to see each..."

"No!" He said firmly.

"Huh?"

"I can't erase you from my mind. It's impossible, and if you run away again... I'll come with you!"

Ryujin stood still shocked, she would never have imagined that after all these years he would say something like that. It could just be a bad joke, he's changed so much, those words couldn't be real.

"If this one of your jokes..."Before she could finish speaking, he moved quickly to the door. Without hesitating, he swiftly reached out and cupped Ryujiin's face with both hands, using his thumbs to wipe away her tears gently, and hugged her tightly.

 A powerful surge of emotions engulfed both of them. Ryujin was surprised to realize how much she longed for a hug from him, missing the familiar lavender scent that always surrounded Beomgyu. Embracing him after five long years felt like being back in a cozy house after a cold storm. They stayed like that for long seconds.

No matter how hard he tried to forget about her, all his efforts were thrown aside when he saw her so vulnerable, exposing everything she felt from the bottom of her heart. Even though the compass of fate is always against them, Beomgyu feels a twinge of hope in finding a reason to make things work out.

After they embraced, he slowly pulled away, and their eyes locked in a moment of intense connection. Time seemed to stand still as they gazed at each other, and then he closed his eyes, taking in the moment before letting go, turned his head softly, and kissed her passionately against the door. The sudden intensity of his actions caught her off guard, and a whirlwind of emotions raced through her as her heart pounded in her chest.