17: Little Little

❝Our distance has grown closer
I wanna keep being with you
Every minute and every second, however short they may be
I only want to fill them with you❞  ―  Red Velvet

▶• ılıılıılılııııılııılı. 1:03

𓆩 ♡ 𓆪

It was already the last night at the camp, all the students were around the bonfire. Beomgyu played the guitar alongside Huening Kai, while other students hummed the songs. Ryujin was reflecting on all the events of the last few days in that place, she could hardly believe that she was feeling attracted to Beomgyu, the guy she swore to hate. The truth is, she never really hated him.

When Ryujin returned to Korea, it was Beomgyu's birthday. She never forgot that date, and that's why she ended up considering whether to congratulate him or not. However, this led to a misunderstanding, just like everything else in their lives.

The day he arrived at her house was the first time they had seen each other in years. Isa told her many good things about Beomgyu, but she pretended not to care, too prideful to show any interest. Deep down, she was curious to know how he was doing. She knew he wasn't a bad person, although what had happened in the past still lingered in her memories. Not to mention the stuff Sungchan said to her, she still had doubts. But now Beomgyu is trying to prove he has changed, and so is she.

Beomgyu skillfully played the acoustic guitar, Ryujin couldn't tear her eyes away from him, feeling confused about her feelings. Despite their physical distance, they exchanged meaningful glances from time to time. They didn't know, two people from afar were closely watching their every move.

𓆩 ♡ 𓆪

Some days passed and after returning from summer camp, Beomgyu eagerly headed to Ryujin's house, feeling a mix of excitement and nostalgia, It had been almost six months since his last visit. As he approached the familiar doorstep, memories came rushing back. Wanting to bring something, he carefully chose a variety of snacks and ice cream, arranging them in a paper bag as a thoughtful gesture.

Ryujin parents were still traveling in Jeju and would only return in a few days. Since she wasn't ready to go out with Beomgyu in public, it would be better for them to meet at her house, watch a movie, or play games together.

As he waited for Ryujin to answer the door, he couldn't help but glance nervously around. He was afraid that his mother might spot him and end up gossiping with Ryujin's mother about this. He knew she would probably make a big deal out of it, leading to more rumors and speculations that he didn't want.

Ryujin's mischievous smile widened as she opened the door, her eyes lighting up as soon as they landed on him.

"I bet it took you hours to arrive here..."

Beomgyu smiled and held out the paper bag in front of her. "I brought some stuff for you...and for me too..." He giggled.

"Come in!" She pulled him by his shirt and he smiled at her bold attitude.

"If you keep pulling me like this, I'm going insane..."

"I already think you are..." She winked and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Funny..." he said with a blank face. His eyes went to Ryujin's cat, who was slowly coming down the stairs.

He stepped into Ryujin's house, and a wave of déjà vu and nostalgia washed over him, much like the previous times he was there. The familiar feeling enveloped him as he went to the cat, reaching out and gently stroking her fur.