18: Can you keep a secret?

❝Your heart is fragile baby I don't wanna break it
If you know my sins will you still trust me?
If I let you in will you still love me?
Can you keep a secret?❞  ―  Ellise

▶• ılıılıılılııııılııılı. 0:55

𓆩 ♡ 𓆪

The beeping of the phone grabbed everyone's attention in the room. Ryujin quickly picked up Beomgyu's phone and flashed a fake smile. "This is my father's work phone. He left it here as an extra so it wouldn't interrupt him on his trip with my mom." She smiled awkwardly, trying to sell her friends on the made-up story, but they remained skeptical. Boldly, she grabbed the phone; luckily, Beomgyu hadn't added a password yet. She promptly muted it and, to divert attention, she pretended to be annoyed at her cat.

"Hey, don't go up there Ponyo!" As they turned their attention towards her cat, Ryujin asked Jeongin to call Beomgyu again. "Why don't you call him?" She knew that even if they called Beomgyu, it wouldn't work. She proposed the question, hoping it would dispel any lingering suspicions.

Chaeryeong remained doubtful, but Jeongin did as Ryujin asked.

"He doesn't answer..."

"Before we leave, can I borrow one of your shirts, Ryu?" Chaeryeong asked and Ryujin's eyes widened.

"Why do you want my clothes?"

"Because I like one of your vintage band shirts, and I have a date," Chaeryeong was a bit embarrassed to say the last part, as soon as her friends widened their eyes upon hearing the word 'date'.

Jeongin and Ryujin were shocked.

"Since when have you been seeing anyone? And why didn't you tell us?" Jeongin asked.

Chaeryeong sighed, feeling the weight of her friends' curious stares. "It's only been a few weeks," she confessed. "I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure how to bring it up, and I wanted to make sure it was something serious before telling everyone. I'm just saying now and that's what matters. Friends shouldn't hide secrets from each other, right, Ryujin?" Her tone was a bit sarcastic as Ryujin rolled her eyes.

"And who is?" Jeongin asked.

"Taehyun from class A, he is the main vocalist of Beomgyu's band," she said, gazing deeply into Ryujin's eyes with a sassy expression. "Can I go and take the shirt? I already know exactly where it is."

Ryujin gulped, she knew that Chaeryeong was already aware of the situation "Why are you going to wear an old rock band t-shirt on a date?"

"He likes rock bands, and I don't have any band t-shirts, and we're going to a concert."

"You don't even like that band. When he asks about your favorite song or member, you won't be able to answer and you'll look stupid. Are you really doing all of this just to impress some random guy? I always thought you had personality, Chaeryeong!"

"What the hell, Ryujin? Are you saying all this because you don't want to lend me your T-shirt? Are you hiding something we don't know?"

"What? Why would I hide anything from you?"

"Because you seem to be!" She playfully poked Jeongin, seeking his support and he responded with a nod.

As Ryujin offered, "If you want that t-shirt, I'll get it for you," she turned away, and Chaeryeong trailed behind. "Why are you following me?"

"Am I not allowed to follow you from behind?"

"Is not that..." She cursed under her breath, realizing she needed to do something to ensure that Beomgyu could hear her when she entered the room and he hid somewhere.