16: Puzzle piece

❝The fact that I have flaws
And that I'm not perfect either
Made me feel smaller
But we can fill each other's gaps in between
So we don't realize we're empty ❞ ―   NCT DREAM

𓆩 ♡ 𓆪

After a short while, Soobin arrived back at the dorm, carefully carrying the meal he had prepared for Beomgyu.

"Hey, I brought your food..."

Beomgyu was lying on the bed, completely wrapped in a cozy blanket, his face looking pale as he peacefully slept. Soobin quietly approached the bed to check on the youngest. As he gently placed his hand on Beomgyu's forehead, he could feel the warmth radiating from his skin, indicating he was having a fever.

"You are so hot..."

"I know, all girls say that..." Beomgyu replied with a slight smirk, and Soobin made a disgusted face.

"I meant burning with fever, dumbass... Even when you're sick, you still make these stupid jokes." Soobin took out a dosirak and a little bottle of orange juice from the paper bag, Beomgyu noticed that there was still something inside the bag, it was a small golden wrapper.

"What is that? Candy vitamins?" Soobin took out the package and threw it on the bed.

"Yeah...Beomie, is candy vitamins, tangerine flavor..." Soobin said with a mocked tone when Beomgyu finally realized what that pack was, and his eyes widened in disbelief.

"What the hell is that?"

Soobin rolled his eyes at Beomgyu's reaction and smirked. "You obviously know what this is. Are you seeing anyone?"

"Why did you bring me this?" 

"Who cares? One day you will use it anyway. Do I know who the person is?"

Beomgyu sighed in disbelief, if Ryujin finds out that his friends are making this kind of joke he is screwed. And what they are? They just kissed in the heat of the moment — it didn't mean anything, right? Maybe for her, but he needs to talk to her right now.

At the same time, he remembered the lies he told to Yuna, Yeonjun, and even Yeji was there. What if other people saw them kissing at the lake? He's completely screwed.

"I need to go to the infirmary..."

"Are you that sick? I can get you some medicine, it's better than you go out like this..."

"You don't need..."

"I can go with you..."

"I'm okay, I can go alone..." In reality, he had no intention of going to the infirmary — his true purpose was to meet Ryujin.

𓆩 ♡ 𓆪

As Beomgyu wandered through the camp, he scanned the area for any sign of Ryujin. Despite the delicious aroma wafting from his untouched plate of food, he couldn't bring himself to eat, he felt the dizziness in his head but kept walking to find her.

He pondered his next move and slowly made his way to the infirmary. However, he was overcome with dizziness and ended up stumbling to the floor. Yuna, who was walking nearby noticed his fall.

"Hey, are you okay?" He just nodded, and she helped him to get up. "You look pale, are you sick?"

"I need..." He said breathlessly. "Go to the infirmary..."