Tell me that you love me again

Heyyy. Hi. How yall doing?

I really am truly sorry for not being consistent at all with the posting of parts, I get pissed with a story when it's not complete so I understand how you all must feel.

Pls forgive me 🥺

_________________________________

"So how did last night go, I fell asleep before you came to bed, so I didn't get a chance to ask you what happened between you and Charles" He asked, such a gossip wanting debriefs like always. I try to hide my smile as I replay last night in my head, but nothing gets past Lando.

"Come on don't gatekeep, it'll eat you alive keeping secrets" Lando says wiggling his eyebrows, which makes me laugh. "Stop that" I laugh as we get in the Lift. Were the only ones in here so I know that no one is listening to us.

"We might have made out and got a little handsy" I admit to him. Most guys would probably be uncomfortable with me telling them this, but Lando has always been invested in my Love life. But that's probably because he's witnessed me at my lowest and most lonely self.

"What that's it? a little kissing and touching?" He asks surprised. "Yesss I didn't want to do anything else until we talked first"

Lando buried his face in his hands. "Talked first? What on earth is there to talk about? You had the love of your life right in front of you and you wanted to talk?" He complains.

"Who said he's the love of my life?" I ask, is it that obvious? "Come on Nat i'm your best friend I was there the many times you've ranted about him, but I know it was because you still loved him" I didn't think Lando ever paid attention to me when I did that, he was always just playing video games.

"Well, I'm going to talk to him when I find the right moment, we can't just jump back into a relationship after everything, just think about Anthonie" I say. Lando is quick to jump in and catch me out on my excuses.

"Anthonie is still a baby Nat, I think it's just you who's overthinking everything. Don't leave it any longer, I'm ready to be best man at your wedding" He says as the lift opens and he walks out to meet the guys who are waiting for outside. Maybe he's right, I can't hold this off any longer.

I stood at the base of the mountain with the guys, they're all bundled up in their winter gear ready for the extreme cold they'll encounter on their climb. I was not dressed for the temperature outside, I'm only earing a small cardigan.

I can see my breath forming in the cold air as it escapes my lips. The guys discussed the journey ahead whilst I listened closely, it makes me feel more at ease knowing their plans, so I don't worry about where they are and what they're doing, I guess it's the mum in me.

Excitement filled the air as their plan was laid out, they'd climb up the mountain and be back just before sunset. I guess I will get a relaxing day to myself, my mother told me to enjoy my time away from taking care of Anthonie but all I do is worry.

Charles looks concerned, it's not something I really want to be seeing especially since climbing a mountain is not really a safe activity, especially after hearing they'll all be attached by rope.

He speaks up "I don't think it's a good idea to proceed with the climb today," he said, he sounds worried. Does that mean I should be too? I mean he loves doing this type of thing, so does he know something I don't.

"The weather forecast isn't promising and safety should be our top priority." He says to the other guys. But his words were met with protests from them, they see no reason not to go as they've had it planned all week.