Chapter 13

Lute was going down a dangerous path. Her drinking had progressively gotten worse. She was not doing well at all. She told herself she was nothing like Adam when he was in a spiral. But she knew damn well that was a lie.

It had been a few weeks since the whole fake dating fiasco. At first, Lute knew it was fake. Adam would never love Verosika. He was done with love. But the tabloids started printing out one by one. The celebrity gossip channels picked up the story like vultures and ran with it. Soon Lute was being bombarded with pictures of Adam and Verosika everywhere she looked. It was getting old. Sure she agreed to it. Adam was not on board but Lute needed him to be successful. She was just mad at herself. She should have told Adam how she felt... but she was a coward. She knew it would fuck up everything they had.

She was at some bar in the seedier section of LA. She did not want anyone to know where she was. She was at her worst right now. She downed another shot and looked around the bar she was at.

It was so dingy looking but neon lights covered it up. The air smelled of cheap booze. Two women were performing on stage. Lute watched them. They appeared to be twins. They were singing some songs not nearly as talented as Adam. Lute rolled her eyes and downed another shot. She just needed to forget tonight.

She wished she could go back to that night in Vegas. She had never had that much fun. Adam had a way of getting her out of her shell. He forced her to have fun and explore new places. She saw how he and Verosika had fun at Disneyland. She wished she was there with him. But she had to be a fool and reject him. She saw how hurt he was that day. She had never seen him that upset not even when Lilith announced her engagement with Lucifer. She felt so bad after it all happened. She wanted to run back and tell him how sorry she was.

She then had an idea. Maybe she could call Adam. Tell him she was sorry. That she did that. If she called him everything would be solved. She grabbed her bag and fumbled around for her phone. She found Adam. He of course was listed as Dickmaster on her contact info.

The dialed and a few rings happened. He didn't pick up... Lute felt her heart crack. The generic leave-a-message voice tone came on. The beep then happened and Lute spilled her guts.

"Adam...I" She knew she sounded drunk but she kept going. "I'm sorry...I care about you. But I want the best for you." She hated how alcohol made it easy to talk. "I'm just so sorry." She was slurring badly. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I did that to you. I want you to be happy but it's hard cause I'm unhappy." She took a deep breath. "Sorry, I'm drunk as fuck right now I'll just hit the delete message button and you'll never even hear this." Lute fumbled with the delete message button. She set her phone down. She stared ahead. Her head was spinning. She ordered another shot.
---
"That was a fun night" Verosika leaned onto Adam as he unlocked his door.

"You're telling me. I had no idea you owned a Lamborghini Sian Roadster. Do you have any idea how rare your car is?" Adam was in shock when Verosika casually mentioned she drove a hot pink Lamborghini Sian Roadster. Adam then begged her to let him drive the sports car on a track. He had always wanted to drive a limited-series Lamborghini. He loved the way it drove. He felt so free on the track. He made a mental note to buy one when he got back.

"There were only fifteen ever made so yeah." Verosika paid over 3 million for the car but she loved it more than anyone.

They then walked into Adam's penthouse. "Want a drink?" he offered.

"Absolutely" She sat down at the bar while Adam started making a cocktail for her.

"So this is what I call Heaven on Earth. It's actually Lute's recipe" he pushed the drink to her.

Verosika took the drink. It was a pretty teal color. "So you and Lute seem close," Verosika noticed how he seemed to mention her quite often. It was starting to get annoying.