Chapter 8

"Woo hoo! Dangertits we did it!" Adam gave Lute a side hug as he walked off the stage. "Another successful night! I love Madison Square Garden!" NYC was one of Adam's favorite pit stops. He loved how lively the city was. How much there was to see and do. "Let's go party!"

"We have a fan meet and greet next" Lute cut in. Things were better between them lately. Maybe with all the traveling and busyness, it was hard to be alone with one's thoughts.

"Ugh okay" Adam rolled his eyes. "I'd rather be doing anything else." He was not one to meet fans unless they wanted to sleep with him. The last few weeks had been rough and he needed a distraction.

They walked alongside one another to the fan meet and greet area. Lute would also stand alongside Adam just in case. They had only dealt with a handful of crazy fans. Adam of course didn't mind. It made him feel good that people loved him. As Lute walked in all the girls in line screamed his name in excitement. Lute rolled her eyes. She could have cared less. These people were deranged.

"Alright ladies there's enough Adam for everyone" he walked over to the area. Lute made a face of disgust. He was so full of himself. He started interacting with fans signing autographs and taking selfies. Lute watched like a hawk. She didn't want anyone to do anything stupid.

"Lute" a voice called out to her. Lute turned around and saw Sera of all people. Lute walked away from Adam and towards her. "Sera what are you doing here?" She knew Sera was busy and supposed to be in LA.

"I wanted to check in and make sure everything was alright" Sera looked over at Adam. He seemed to be doing well. He was smiling and interacting with fans " I heard he wasn't doing well mentally. I just want to be here in just in case."

"Yeah no he's fine" Lute replied. "We had a few issues here and there but we're on the uphill" she assured her. Lute had to admit she was touched Sera cared. Sera was a good person and just wanted to best for everyone.

"I'm glad to hear that I-" before Sera could finish her sentence. There was screaming. Lute turned around and was met with a horrific scene. Adam had been stabbed. "ADAM!" she screamed. She had never yelled like that.
---
A few moments before.

Adam was talking to fans when one fan came up. She was shorter than Lute surpingly. She wore a 1950's outfit. "Hey," Adam smiled. Trying to be polite. She just stared at him. "What's your name?" he asked making conversation. He was a bit creeped out with her. But he'd handled fans like this before.

"Niffy" she looked at Adam with wide eyes.

"Nice to meet you glad you could make it-" Before Adam could finish his sentence. He felt a stinging pain in his stomach. Niffty had stabbed him with a knitting needle. He went to say something but he fell forward. It all happened so fast. He heard the screaming. Security dragged away Niffty as she laughed like a maniac. He then heard a voice scream out like he had never heard before. It was Lute...

"ADAM" she ran over to him and turned him over.

He looked at her. She had stayed by his side. She looked so upset. He had made her cry so much recently. He hated seeing her cry. So he did what he could to stop the tears he smiled at her. Hoping that will help keep the tears at bay.
---
Adam awoke sometime later. He was in a bland hospital room. It smelled sterile and clean. He felt an IV hooked up to him. There was a dull ache in his arm. He then felt a pain in his stomach. What happened... He then remembered the stabbing. The screaming... and then Lute. Oh god, Lute?! He started panicking. Wondering where she was. He looked over and saw her asleep on the chair. He felt better seeing her next to his side. She looked exhausted. She still had dry blood on her clothes. At least she was wearing black so it somewhat blended in. But he could see how the brown had crusted over.