Chapter 7

Lute was sitting in her condo enjoying a relaxing night. It was off-season right now as Adam worked on music and getting ready for his world tour. She and Adam were at odds right now and rarely saw each other. After Canada, something was between them. She had no idea what it was. They both seemed to hesitate to acknowledge what it was. She also could not get over the fact that Adam would only fuck her if meant death was on the line. However, he did say she was his best friend. That was something.

She aggressively typed on her laptop. She was making the schedule for the world tour. She would have to send it to Sera tomorrow morning and get approval. She knew it would get approved but Sera was obsessed with order. Adam was going to break Sera. He was anything but order. He was a wildcard and unpredictable. As Lute typed away there was a knock at her door. She stopped typing. Wondering who it was...

She set her laptop on the side and walked to her door. She looked through the peephole and saw it was Emily?! "Emily!" Lute swung open the door. "What are you doing?"

Emily looked upset. "Can I come in ma'am?"

"Yeah... don't call me ma'am that's way too formal" Lute opened the door to her. She liked Emily for the most part. She was more social than Sera and easier to approach.

Emily sat down on the couch. Lute joined her. "How are you? she asked. She looked stressed but wanted to keep a polite conversation.

"Emily cut the shit what's going on" Lute bluntly said. She was not one for formalities.

Emily looked awkward but continued. "As you know you're Adam's manager" Lute was listening. Wondering where this was going. "We have a nickname for you at our record label. We call you" Emily lowered her voice and leaned near Lute "The bitch whisperer". She pulled back. "You're the only one who can talk sense into Adam when he's misbehaving and being rude. You're the only one that makes him a rational thinker. Even Sera has issues but you have a way of talking to Adam that makes him use common sense. You can calm him down" Emily did like Adam but he needed someone to guide him and it was Lute.

Lute was now confused. "Okay and?" she did enjoy the nickname. That was hilarious. She was going to have to tell Adam that.

Emily pulled out her phone. "Adam has been posting on his socials." she handed the phone to Lute. "He's been at a bar I think. He's posting pics of him and other women making out. The team shares his socials to make sure he doesn't post stuff like this. We have to make him look decent. I need you to go get him before Sera catches wind of this" Emily was staying up just scrolling on her phone when she saw what Adam was posting. "Is he okay Lute? He doesn't look well." Emily didn't work for Adam when his love life blew up but she did remember him spiraling. He looked like he was doing that.

Lute was mad. How hard was it for him to stay out of trouble? "I'm going to get his sorry ass and this will never happen again. Don't tell Sera I can't mentally handle getting berated by her right now" Sera would yell at her and Adam for a solid thirty minutes. After that, she would go into detail about why they shouldn't do whatever the hell Adam did.

"You have my word. Thank you Miss Lute" Emily stood up.

"Emily just call me Lute" Lute sighed. Emily was too formal for Lute. Emily nodded and they walked out together. Lute hopped into her silver Maserati Granturismo. One thing she liked about working for Adam was she got paid well. Very well. Therefore she treated herself because she knew she deserved it.

She typed in Adam's location. She had secretly had his phone on Life 360 for a situation like this. She saw the location. It was a place called V-Towers. She put the car in drive and gunned it down the LA highway. At least it was night and she didn't have to worry about paparazzi. She found the place she was looking for. It was a massive cylinder tower. She parked her car and walked in.