🎭 My Darling Dorothy...(Alastor) 🦌

~short story~

Pairing: Alastor x performer!fem!Reader

Contains: Fluff

(P.S.) She's putting on "The Wizard of Oz" as Dorothy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

You were in the corner of your dressing room, straightening out your costume and fussing with your hair. You were ready. In fact, you've been ready for the past twenty minutes. In all honesty you were just...nervous.

"Hello darling!" you heard a radio voice call behind you.

"Hey Al," you replied weakly, turning to face your partner.

"My, you look absolutely stunning my dear," he said, running his fingers down your braided hair. "Need any help getting ready?"

"Ready?" you questioned, "am I not already?"

Alastor tilted his head. "Hmm well perhaps I could...fix your hair a bit?"

"But it's already braided--"

"Well it is, but whoever braided it didn't do a very good job..." he held one of your braids in his hand. "This one's already falling apart! And that one looks too tight."

"Oh...I did them."

"...aaanndd what a marvelous job you've done, Y/N! But I must insist on helping you," he said, spinning your chair.

Alastor started to undo your pigtails as he hummed to himself. "So, do you have all of your lines memorized?"

"I think so..." you said nervously.

"Well, I'm excited to see you perform. You've been looking forward to it all week," he said, now lacing his fingers through your hair. "Y'know...Dorothy was my mother's name..." he told me.

You turned your head. "Really?"

Alastor chuckled. "Yes, really..." he said, turning your head back. "The two of you would've gotten along really well..."

"Was she nice?"

Alastor smiled. "Darling, my mother was one of the best people I've ever met, if not the nicest. I love her very dearly."

"Do you think she's in Heaven?" you asked.

"I know she is..." Alastor whispered, a little glumly.

He planted a kiss on your head, now holding up a mirror for you to examine yourself.

"Wow..." you gaped, staring at your reflection. "You're really good at that," you said, feeling your newly braided hair.

Alastor hugged you from behind. "Aww you look so cute, my dear," he planted a long kiss on your cheek. You chuckled.

"Now, we don't have much time left, but I'd like to touch up your makeup..." he said briskly, spinning your chair to face him. He grabbed your makeup bag from the vanity and took out a blush pallet.

"Alright, hold still..." he muttered, powdering your face with blush. You scrunched up your face.

"A-Al...that's a lot..."

"Shh! I know what I'm doing, darling..."

After what felt like two minutes, Alastor stopped and stored away the blush.

"It feels like too much..." you grumbled.

"Well it's not," he sassed, pulling out a tube of lip oil. "Hm..." he examined the label. "It says, 'vanilla flavored'? You like vanilla, right? Hm, oh well," he started to lavish on your lipgloss.

"Okay, okay..." you held down his hand. "That was more than enough, honey..." you laughed.

Alastor smirked. "Oh, was it? I can help you take some of it off..."

You blushed lightly.

Alastor grinned and kissed you, holding you from the small of your back. "You'll do great, darling..." he breathed. "I'll be watching you," he winked.

You chuckled. "Thanks. Now shoo! You're not supposed to be back here anyways!" you scolded.

Alastor laughed and teleported out. "Good luck..." he called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Oh the temptation to break the fourth wall and yell "RIZZ!" was so strong...but I manage...

~angel ♥️