🪽💫I Still Love You...(Lute)💫🪽

Requested by: @Roselover201

Pairing: Lute x female!fallen!Reader

Summary: Y/N was friends with Lute since the beginning of time before she fell. Then one extermination, they re-encounter.

Warnings: Angst(?)

-Flashback-

When she smiled at me, I felt all of my doubts and hesitations melt away. Just the way her hair cornered her face and brushed gently on her shoulders.

"Y/N?" She said softly, her voice like silk.

"Hm? Yes, my love?" I asked, taking her hand in mine.

"Are you really going to court today?" She asked, concern visible in her eyes.

I sighed, "Yes...I think they might...push me over," I said glumly, avoiding eye contact with her.

She smiled softly. "They won't...because I'll be here with you...every step of the way," she squeezed my hand.

"Lute?"

"Hm?"

"What if...I do become fallen? What will happen to us?"

She looked away from me. "I...I'll still...and will always love you, Y/N. No matter what..." she trailed off, "I've known you forever...you're not just my partner...but also my best friend, and...I love you."

I nodded and put on my brave face. "Okay...wish me luck!" I said confidently, kissing her before leaving.

She smiled weakly as she watched me go out.

-Time skip-

"There is no question about it, Y/N!" Sera said, standing up from her chair and slamming the desk, she clenched her jaw, "You are no longer an angel. I declare you fallen."

My eyes widened.

"Wait! Please! Sera!" I heard Lute protest.

"SILENCE LUTE! Do you want to end up like her?" Sera threatened.

Lute closed her mouth and sat back down.

Two other angels grabbed my arms, forcing me out of the room.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I started softly sobbing to myself.

-Back to present day-

And yet...here she was again, standing before me, and holding an angelic weapon to my face.

I swallowed. "Lute...please..."

"I...I..." she stuttered, her hands shaking.

"What happened to loving me forever?" I said, "I'm your 'one true love'! Your 'soulmate'!" I said mockingly.

"S-STOP IT!" She yelled, half-crying as she raised the spear closer to my face.

I breathed heavily, turning my head away from her. "But by all means...kill me, if it all meant nothing to you."

"IT DID MEAN SOMETHING!" She said, tears streaming down from her cheeks, "I DO STILL LOVE YOU!"

I caught my breath but shook my head. "No...no you don't..."

Her eyes widened, her tears still flowing down. She lowered her spear. "Yes...I do...more than you know, Y/N."

"NO, YOU DON'T!" I screamed.

Her lip quivered, "S-stop...I-I do...you're...you're breaking my heart..." She collapsed on the floor and dropped her weapon, sobbing into her hands.

My face softened...she looked...genuine.

I crouched next to her, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. It was a distant feeling, so familiar...so long since I'd last done it.

"I...I miss you..." I whispered, "Your laugh, your smile, your love...everything."

"And..." I continued, "I do...still love you. Never stopped."

She looked up at me, her eyes shining with tears. She sniffled.

I took her hand and helped her off the ground.

"I...I still want to be yours...if...you'll let me..." I blushed and looked away from her.

She was silent for a second before nodding slowly. "I still...want to be with you, Y/N. I never stopped loving you..."

And with that, we knew, no matter the cost or the expectation, we would be one and the same. Together forever through heaven or hell.

Because I love Lute.