1.

Sitting down on the couch I take a sip of my beer before placing the bottom on the coffee table. I look at my phone and open the photos app. Scrolling through the photos of the night. I scrolled through till I stopped at one. Smiling I saw it was a photo of Maddie and I from our brother sister dance. I tapped the heart icon and continued scrolling.

A message popped up on my screen. Looking to see who it was I noticed it was Eddie. I open his message. It was a photo of Tommy and I when I was introducing him to Maddie. Zooming in I saw how big my smile was as Tommy's smile was just as big. I saved the photo to my phone and read the text he sent along with it.

Eddie
Thought you should have this man. Never in my life have I seen you smile this big outside of hanging with Christopher.

I smile.

Evan
Thanks Eddie

I placed my phone down and finished my beer before heading to bed.

***
I woke up to my phone ringing. I rolled over and reached on my nightstand for my phone. Looking at the ID I picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

" good morning!" Maddie said in a cheerful voice

" morning mads" I said groggily

" did I wake you? I'm so sorry" Maddie said

" it's alright. I needed to get up anyways. " I said

" chim and I are gonna drop Jee off in a hour. " Maddie says

" sounds good. I'll be ready " I said

" see you soon" Maddie says before hanging up.

I plopped my phone beside me and rubbed my eyes. I got up and went downstairs to pour myself some tea. Filling the kettle up I put it on the stove and turned the stove on. I went back upstairs and grabbed my phone and laptop.

Once I was back downstairs I turned on my Alexa and played my Lana Del Rey soundtrack. I checked my email as I waited for the kettle to go off. I noticed I got a email from Ethan. I haven't talked to Ethan in a month after he left the gym.

I clicked on the email.

EthanHoward24@ymail.com
Subject: catching up

Hey Evan!
Long time no talk!  I miss seeing you and Eddie at the gym. I am back in Cali for a few days and was wondering if you would like to hang out. My number is
839-729-8461
Hope to hear from you soon!
Eth

I grabbed my phone and saved Ethan's number. I went to my messages and texted him

Evan
Hey Ethan it's Evan! I just read your email. I would love to hang out and catch up.
Send

I hear the kettle go off and I get up. I poured myself some tea and went back to the living room and placed my tea on the coffee table. Heading back to the kitchen I opened the fridge and pulled out some eggs and bacon. I made myself a quick breakfast and sat back down.

After I finished my emails I looked at my phone and saw I got a message from Eddie, Ethan and Tommy. I open up my messages and head to my thread with Eddie. I roll my eyes as I see a photo of him and Christopher. I send him a smile emoji before heading to Ethans message.

Ethan

Hey Evan! I am free any time you are. Just let me know.

Evan

Hey! I have my niece spending the night with me to night. Are you free tomorrow afternoon ?Send

I head to Tommys message. I instantly start to blush as I read his message.