8.

After Tommy left I went to the kitchen and grabbed the empty beer bottles and toss them into the recycling. I grab a glass of water and went to sit on the couch. I open my computer and start to read my emails again. Eh.. nothing new. I took a sip of water. I could feel my heart rate speeding up. I shut my computer and place it on the coffee table. I leaned back and tried to slow my breathing. I could feel my head getting dizzy. I rested my head in my hands. I leaned forward and dipped my fingers in the water. I ran my fingers on my forehead. I did this twice as I could feel my heart still pounding.

Ten minute later

I grabbed my phone and my laptop and went upstairs I plugged my computer in and sat on my bed. Continuing to take deep breaths. I grabbed my phone an laid back on my bed. I scroll through my photos once again. I went back to the photos of Abby and myself. I deleted a few of them. I smiled as I looked at some old ones of Christopher that one night Eddie and I took him to go see Santa.

I get a notification from Eddie. I hit the message. I roll my eyes as I see it was a voice audio. I hit the play button.

Eddie

Hey! Christopher was wondering if you wanted to go to the Pier this weekend. You can invite Tommy. Yes I will be with you this time. Hopefully a tsunami won't happen again.

I smile.

I shut my phone off and laid back down since I was feeling a bit sick. Next thing I know I was awoken by yet another phone call. It was Bobby.  I answer the phone.

" Buck! Where are you? We've been texting you. " Bobby says on the other side of the phone

" What?" I asked groggily

" We had a 911 emergency. Everyone is already here but you. " Bobby says

I could hear the fire house bells in the background.

" Fuck! Im so sorry I feel nauseous and fell asleep. " I said

" Ill be there soon" I said

" Okay! Drive safe" Bobby says

I got up and sat down again. I could still feel my head spinning. I waited a moment before heading donwstairs. I went to the bathroom and grabbed my ibuprofen and took some of that. I quickly got my shoes on and left the loft.

I got to the station and ran to put on my gear. I jump into the fire truck as Bobby took off.

" you okay?" Bobby asks

" yeah sorry. I had a panic attack " I admit

" Shit. You okay now?" Hen asks

" Yeah I am fine now" I say

After we got back to the fire station and changed back into our regular clothes Eddie and I walked out to our cars together. The moon was shining in the sky. I look up at the stars for a moment.

" Hey I needa talk to you" Eddie tells me

" Whats up?" I ask

" You wanna go grab a drink? Marisol is with Christopher right now" Eddie says

" Sure" I say

I get in my car and I follow Eddie to this bar close by the station. I turn my car off and get out. I open the door for us and we walk inside

" Eddie! Evan! My favourite two firefighters" the bartender said

" Hey!" Eddie and I say together

" Pick any bar top you want" the bartender tells us