HWMN : 37

CHAPTER 37

KLAUS FRIAS

         MY MOTHER hugged me. She gave me an assuring smile. While looking into her eyes, para na rin akong nakatingin sa mga mata ko. I inherited her aurora green eyes. Saming tatlo, I guess... I'm the luckiest.

"I'm sorry kung natakot kang sabihin samin, anak. I'm sorry if we made you feel that way."

I shook my head in an instant. This is what I hate the most. I don't want her to blame herself because of the decision I made. Kahit sino sakanila, ayokong sisihin nila ang mga sarili nila.

All along, malakas naman ang tiwala ko na hindi sila magagalit. It's just... there are dark thoughts running through my mind. I should've trusted them. But kung ginawa ko 'yon, kung umamin ako, Levana won't be here with me.

"Mom, don't blame yourself, please. It was my choice. I'm sorry."

Her eyes watered. Umiwas ito ng tingin sakin bago tumango. She went to my dad to hug him. Dad tried to hush her. I wanted to comfort my mother, too, but my great-twin sister blocked my way.

"You know what? Gusto kong magtampo dahil hindi mo sinabi sakin. I'm your twin sister, Klaus. Ako dapat ang unang nakakaalam ng mga bagay sayo," Keinna started.

I pressed my lips together. Gusto ko sanang isumbat sakanyang hindi rin naman ako ang unang nakaalam na buntis siya noon, but I chose to keep my mouth shut.

"I'm sorry,"

Keinna has always been so tough, ever since we were kids. Lalo na ngayong nagka-anak na siya. Para siyang darker version ng attitude ng nanay namin. The way she looks at me, it seems like she's reading my soul.

But when she heard me apologize just now, her eyes softened. Her tears are now visible. Pulang pula ang ilong niya.

"Why are you saying sorry?" She asked with a hoarse voice.

"Because I lied to you. You're right. We're twins... I shouldn't have lied to you. I'm sorry, Faye."

Her lips trembled. Umiling siya sakin. "Alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit sakin na marinig kang nanghihingi ng tawad dahil lang sa hindi ka straight? You should not apologize over things like that. I-I'm sorry if we made you feel sorry because you're not straight. I'm so sorry, Klaus," she cried.

My tears fell, too. I pulled my twin to hug her. She cried on my chest like a kid. She cried harder, gripping my shirt already. She's tall, but not as tall as I am. Kahit na nauna siyang ilabas ni Mom, I feel like I'm still older than her.

"Hush... you didn't do anything bad, Faye," I whispered.

She looked up to me. "Fuck you. Do you really think na hindi ko alam na malambot ka?" She's trying to make the atmosphere lighter, but I couldn't just ignore her words.

"What?"

She chuckled. "I'm your twin sister, Klaus. Kahit maliit na bagay, nahahalata ko sayo. Inignora ko lang lahat noon dahil ayaw kong ma-offend ka. But it turns out that I'm right," she chuckled.

"You knew all along," I said.

Tumango siya sakiin. She looks proud. "I do, brother. Of course, I do."

Sumulpot din ang bunso naming kapatid. Si Ciarra. She's giggling as she hugged me tight. I embraced her, too. She's really no longer a teenager or a baby. My baby sister grew up, and I can't believe it.

"I love you, Kuya. Hindi nabawasan 'yon, hmm? You'll always be my kuya, and I love you so much."

I kissed her forehead. Her eyes were bloodshot, but she still tried to smile wider.