The date

Lance had just finished my haircut, and I have to say, he wasn't half bad. I'll adit it was much easier to manage my hair now that it was a bit shorter, but still a mullet none the less.

Getting that haircut gave my confidence in my looks, a huge boost, I couldn't help but feel like I shouldn't waste it, I mean, I guess now would be the perfect time for me and Lance to go on a date.

Yesterday, I was exploring round our newest campsite, and discovered this beautiful place! It was magnificent, it was around sunset, and it gave the most gorgeous view, the bright orange sun, clashing with the still blue lake made for the perfect setting, seeing as Lance loves things ocean related, this should be perfect!

I've concluded that I need to do the perfect gesture to ask him out, just by the edge of the forest with the lake, I stumbled upon the most peculiar thing. It was a rose bush, but it was only sprouting different coloured roses!

Seeing as there was a sky blue rose, which I thought would suit Lance best. I went back early, to go and collect it, being careful not the prick myself while getting it out, (reminder to self take pricks off, to not hurt Lance), it looked beautiful, something Lance could empathize with.

I made sure to keep it looking pristine as I guided it back safely to where we had set up camp. Lance was already up, not really doing anything, just seeming to be waiting?

I kept the rose behind my back, as I walked to an area where Lance could see me.

He looked up at me, and smiled, beaming, "Keith! You're back! Next time, tell me before you leave!"

I chuckled a bit, "heh, alright, I promise!" I said as I kissed him softly on his right cheek, "Anyways, I... have a gift for you!"

"Thanks but, I was just about to make some chicken strips-"

"F*ck your chicken strips!"

"Watch your profanity... Fine, what's my present?" Lance asked

I pulled out the rose form my back, and watched as his face turned into an even softer expression, he looked like an angel.

"Thanks Keith, you just made my day!"

"Well if that rose could do that, wait until you see the second part of my gift." I got down on one knee, till I saw Lance face had paled.

"Umm, Keith..."

"WAIT, NO IT'S NOT THAT!" I yelled, "Do you... want to go on a date with me?" I asked, hoping that that would be enough.

His eyes widened a bit, then he smiled, making my heart flutter, I forgot he could smile like that.

"Of course!" He said, as I got up from the floor

I had spent the time till our date with Lance, by making him feel special, I even let him sing for me (even though it sounded like he had s*hit lodged in his throat (I would NEVER tell him that though).

Finally, it was an hour before sunset, and I told Lance to follow me. I led him away from our campsite, and towards the path I had memorised to the lake, we got to the various coloured rose bushes, so I knew we were close.

"Whoa." I heard Lance exclaim in awe

We reached the entrance, I took Lance's hand and made him close his eyes as I led him inside.

"You can open your eyes now."  said, looking at Lance's face checking for the reaction to come.

He opened his eyes, and inspected every bit of the cave, while twirling with delight.

"Keith! It's beautiful! I love it." He said while gazing into my eyes, I was so caught up I forgot to reply.

We decided to play in the water for a bit, having splash contest, and Lance even giving, me a piggy-back. We fell back on the flat grass in front of the lake, now just waiting for the sunset.

Me and Lance, leaned against the closest tree we could find, and held each other, just in time too, because the sun was starting to set. 

It was astonishing! It was a silky, smooth collusion of skyburst reds and yellows into the calm of night. It was perfect, just before it had vanished completely, Lance pulled me in and kissed  me, it was short, but sweet.

"Thank you for today, Keith." Lance said, and he sounded really genuine

"Anything for you." I replied, and that was all truth, I really would do anything for him because, I hardly deserve him.

We made our way back to our campsite, and spotted Cosmo sleeping peacefully outside me tent, which really should be our tent now, seeing as Lance hardly ever sleeps in his.

Together, we made our way inside our  tent, only to stumble upon something that could ruin our perfect day.

I pulled my dagger out, and held it in-front of me, and pushed Lance behind me.

With a scowl on my face I asked, "Who are you?!"

There was a girl with a leggy physique and waist-length, voluptuous white hair and elfish ears. Her skin tone is warm brown, her eyes are a mix of galaxy blue and turquoise with purple pupils.

I have to admit she was quite pretty, but she was still a stranger. Next to her was a man that seemed to be quite a few years older, with bright orange hair, and a qwirly moustache He was truly, a gorgeous man.

I saw Lance behind me, then suddenly in-front of me, exchanging pleasantries with the intruders.

"Hello! My name's Lance! What's your name?" He said staring at the girl a bit too much.

"My name is Allura, sorry for intruding in your home, Lonce, my uncle and myself are travelling around Altea, looking for... something, but that's not important, my Uncle over here is Coran." she said pointing at the bright man.

"Howdy!" He said with a warm smile, he kind of radiated happiness?

"The moody one over here is my..., his name is Keith." I felt dejected hearing that, it was clear Lance didn't want to introduce me as his boyfriend.

"Um, hi. You, can stay with us for as long as you need, Cosmo seems to like you so you must be ok."

"Thank you boy!" Coran said, all while Allura and Lance seemed to be having a staring contest. I didn't like it one bit.

OK, sorry for updating so late, school has TIRED me out, anyway, I hope you enjoyed that! I may or may not have put a few references in that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Till next time