10.

Thelma's pov

I was in the midst of a deep sleep when the familiar voices of my deceased family members echoed through the corridors of my mind, pulling me from the depths of unconsciousness. For a moment, I was disoriented, my surroundings unfamiliar as I struggled to make sense of the surreal experience.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I realized with a jolt that I was no longer in the mansion where I had been staying with Marquez and the others. Instead, I found myself transported back to my childhood home in Jamaica, the memories flooding back with startling clarity.

Before I could fully process the strangeness of my surroundings, a sudden knock on the door shattered the tranquility of the moment, jolting me from my reverie. I hesitated, unsure of what to expect, until Kevin burst into the room with his usual boisterous energy.

"Shorty Poop Stick!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with laughter as he bounded toward me. "What are you doing just lying there? Come on, lazy bones, get up!"

I blinked back tears, my heart swelling with a mixture of joy and disbelief at the sight of him. Without a word, I rushed into his arms, my body trembling with emotion as I clung to him desperately, as if afraid he might disappear at any moment.

Kevin's expression softened, his arms wrapping around me in a comforting embrace as he held me close. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?" he murmured, his voice gentle as he stroked my hair soothingly. "It's okay, Shorty. I'm here."

I buried my face against his chest, the tears flowing freely now as I struggled to find the words to explain the overwhelming rush of emotions that threatened to consume me. For a moment, all I could do was hold onto him tightly, clinging to the sense of safety and security that his presence provided.

As the initial wave of emotion began to subside, I pulled away slightly, my eyes meeting Kevin's with a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability. "I...I don't know what's happening," I admitted, my voice barely above a whisper. "I just...I missed you so much."

Kevin's expression softened, his gaze filled with understanding as he reached out to wipe away my tears. "I missed you too, Shorty," he replied, his voice choked with emotion. "But hey, we're together now. And nothing's gonna tear us apart, you hear me?"

My heart raced as Kevin pulled away from our embrace, his shirt stained with blood and his face drained of color. Fear gripped me, icy tendrils creeping up my spine as I recoiled in horror, my breath catching in my throat.

Before I could utter a word, a chill swept through the room, causing me to shiver uncontrollably as the air grew thick with anticipation. And then, as if materializing out of thin air, the mummified figures of my parents stood before me, their hollow eyes fixed on mine with an eerie intensity.

I gasped, my hands flying to cover my mouth as a strangled cry escaped my lips. "Mommy? Daddy?" I whispered, my voice trembling with disbelief as I struggled to comprehend the surreal scene unfolding before me.

But there was no warmth in their gaze, no trace of recognition as they spoke, their voices hollow and distant. "Are you going to eat breakfast, Thelma?" they asked in unison, their words echoing through the room like a sinister refrain.

Terror seized me, rendering me speechless as I stared at their grotesque forms, the illusion of their presence sending shivers down my spine. "Where's Valerie?" they demanded, their voices growing louder, more insistent with each passing moment.

I recoiled in horror, my mind reeling with the sheer impossibility of what I was witnessing. This couldn't be real, I told myself, clinging to the fragile hope that it was all just a nightmare. But the cold touch of their hands as they reached out to me shattered any illusion of safety, sending me spiraling into a frenzy of panic and despair.