20.

Thelma's pov

"We're exiting the car now," I say opening my door as the others follow behind.

"Remember to act natural."
Marquez responded right before approaching Manuel's porch.

Peter knocks on the door and about 20 seconds later a handsome brown-haired man with green eyes looks tired.

"What's up?" He said and sniffled. Yup, he has most definitely stolen the drugs and snorted them.

"Meet Valerie and Thelma they're from Kingston Jamaica neighbors of trench don." Derek introduced us and of course, we acted all flirtatious like we didn't have a man in our lives.

Manuel smirked as he looked at me specifically and backed away letting us in. We strutted in and took a seat on his couch. "Anything to drink other than liquor?!"

Peter quickly spoke for everyone by saying we want coffee for now. I quietly exhale before putting on a smile.

Deep down I wanted to abort the plan because I was nervous but this was the only way to show Marquez I meant business and I was helping a friend.

The thought of Eugene gave me back some confidence when Manuel sat beside me.

"Careful now pretty boy don't want Marquez to go insane for looking at his girl." Peter chuckles and I blush.

Manuel raises a brow. "You're lying, Marquez has another side piece other than Samantha White?" My smile fell for a second and went back up as he looked at me.

I look over at Derek and it's like he saw the millionth betrayal in my eyes. "And this cutie pie right here is mine." Derek points at Valerie.

"Good for you I have no one to call my own." Manuel pouts and Peter starts teasing him. "Lonely I'm Mr lonely I have nobody to call my own!"

Manuel rolled his eyes and smirked. "Yeah, yeah, make fun of the single guy. But seriously, what brings you all here?"

Derek took the lead. "We just wanted to introduce the ladies and hang out. We figured you could use some company."

Manuel looked a bit suspicious but seemed to relax. "Sure, why not? It's been a while since I've had any decent company."

We all settled in, making small talk. I kept an eye on Manuel, waiting for the right moment to steer the conversation. Peter and Derek kept him engaged while Valerie and I played our parts, laughing and flirting.

Eventually, Peter brought up the topic we needed. "So, Manuel, what's been going on around here? Any news on Alexander Petrov?"

Manuel's expression darkened. "That bastard. He's been spreading lies about me, saying I stole coke and money. I swear, if I ever get my hands on him, I'll make him regret it."

I could see Derek and Peter exchange a glance. This was our chance.

"Why would he lie about something like that?" I asked, pretending to be genuinely curious. Manuel's anger boiled over. "Because he's a piece of shit who wants to see me go down! He thinks he's untouchable, but he's wrong."